We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

week in alghero

ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
week in alghero

I've booked flights to Alghero for the last week in May. Judging by the reviews it seems like a really beautiful place with a good mix of relaxation, good food, good beaches, bars and shopping! Perfect! Can anyone recommend a good apartment in the town thats not too expensive.Its for two friends and possibly a third person. We'd ideally like something that is close to all amenities and possibly with a balcony or terrace(not asking for too much!!)

Any help much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Artejana
Gift & Speciality Shops
Gioielleria Aquamarine
Gift & Speciality Shops
Rosa Dei Venti
Gift & Speciality Shops
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: week in alghero

Alghero is s good choice we have a bit of everything here its very relaxing laid back, plenty of restuarants, bars, historical centre with cobbled streets, picturesque port and beautiful beaches.

If you google alghero apartments there are quite a few to choose from. I live here so have not stayed in any personally but Im sure someone will give you their honest first hand experience. Also a must is to read also trip advisor reviews on these apartments click alghero apartments on search to read them.

Mentioned in this post
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: week in alghero

Thanks Mary, Its taken me so long to reply. I haven't booked anything yet but there seems to be a few to choose from. A lot of places are saying they are ten mins walk from the old town etc but then there are other places that are based within the old town itself. Would the old town be a better base?Is the 'modern' town nice or is it quite industrial?

THanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: week in alghero

The modern town is nice but it's not as nice as the Old Town!!

I've stayed at Casa Rafaella twice but it might be a bit small for your needs and it doesn't have a balcony. The company we booked through are called blue water apartments and we were very impressed with them.

Alghero is beautiful, you'll love it!! The old Town is beautiful!!

Mentioned in this post
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Alghero
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: week in alghero

nbartley30,

Probably the best two apartments in Alghero:

New part of town - 6 minute walk from Old Town:

"Il Giardinetto"

www.apartmentsalghero.it/index_ENG.html

To see reviews of "Il Giardinetto" by other TA visitors:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187880-d735479…

Old Town - "Casa Majorca"

travel-library.com/apartments/europe/italy/a…

To see reviews of "Casa Majorca" by other TA visitors:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187880-d948391…

Good Luck.

Mentioned in this post
Il Giardinetto
Il Giardinetto
96 Reviews
Sardinia, Italy
Alghero
Alghero
Sardinia, Italy
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: week in alghero

Thank you for your reply. Il Giardinetto is fully booked but I'm trying Via Maiorca.

Much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Il Giardinetto
Il Giardinetto
96 Reviews
Sardinia, Italy
6. Re: week in alghero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 13:21