We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sardinia - General

Manchester
2 posts
Save Topic
Sardinia - General

Hi

Visiting Sardinia in mid May for the first time and just looking for some advice, I've researched the weather and it doesn't seem to be great, what opinions does anyone have.

Also I'll be hiring a car to get out and and about- How are the roads and Italian drivers

la spezia
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sardinia - General

Hi,

in mid May the weather should be lovely. At the moment it's raining in Sardinia..

The roads have mostly one carriage for each direction. Some of them are a bit winding. It depends on where you want to go. Be careful: most of the time Sardinian drivers drive a bit fast..

Chicca

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sardinia - General

actually its not raining here at all we've had sun and 20 degrees today and all week. I start swiming in May although the water is still not at its warmest. May is a good month as its not too busy but the weathers nice. Drving in sardinia is not like the land Italy, the roads are fairly quiet and the Sardinia drivers are more laid back, no beeping of horns.

la spezia
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sardinia - General

For Marydemill.

I'm sorry, I should have been more precise. I don't know about other areas in Sardinia, but in Ogliastra, on the east-south coast, it is actually raining!

But, as you said, the weather is nice in May. Well, far from the towns, sardinian drivers are a bit reckless as I tested myself travelling all over the south of the island. I'm just sharing my experience, just as you are doing.

Chicca

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sardinia - General

Drive the coast road between Alghero and Bosa. It's absolutely stunning. Keep your hands on the wheel though, the roads are a bit steep with lots of very sharp corners!!

What part of the island are you planning to stay?

Manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sardinia - General

Thanks all for your comments.

Were staying on the Costa Smeralda coast in the North West of the island so if anyone has any tips on what to see that would be great and also if there's anything worth going a little further afield for.

Thanks

6. Re: Sardinia - General

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Sardinia