We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South east Sardinia or ?

london
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
South east Sardinia or ?

Me and my family (4adults and 3years old boy)looking forward to spend a week in Sardinia (September).

Any suggestion where to stay? I thinking about Villasimus or Costa rei area but I am not sure where to go exactly.

thanks and grazie

suffolk
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

Hi labombonera,can you give an idea of what you are looking for eg days out,staying in resort,beach etc.

Both areas you mention are really more suited to staying in situ with short trips out.

la spezia
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

Hi Labombonera,

if you land in Cagliari i think that Costa Rey is perfect. It's a lovely area and if you hire a car you can see beautiful beaches around.

Chicca

london
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

thanks

we thinking to rent villa ,but we dont want spend to much time in villa,looking to have nice time on beach (sandy)

and we dont want staying in resort,

probobly we have to rent car ?

what is average cost car hire?

and is any chance to find villa without early booking?

grazie

Glasgow
Level Contributor
111 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

Anywhere in that area would be fine as there are plenty of great beaches around. Villasimius is a quite a small town but has some restaurants and a couple of small supermarkets if you are self catering.

Costa Rei area also has some shops and restaurants.

We hired a car for 4 days and the cheapest we could find was £130

suffolk
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

Hi again,you should expect to pay around £200 for a small car for 1 week e.g Fiat Panda or £400 for a larger vehicle.

I would recommend booking a villa well in advance as September is still a busy month.

Have you considered the area around Chia/Pula,great beaches and a bit easier for days out than Villasimius/Costa Rei.

North-East Sardinia
Level Contributor
284 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

Why not in northeast sardinia?

In september prices ar the same of south but, you know, it is a really different place.

london
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

thanks so much for all advise

I am start to looking for villa on internet and for fly :-).And I think we stay somewhere east from cagliari but Chia and Pula looks nice is well.

london
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

To mr northeastsardinia STOP SEND ME EMAILS ABOUT VILLAS IN NORTH THIS IS forum for tourist not for semi sellers I understend that you want earn money but not this way.

thanks

9. Re: South east Sardinia or ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2009, 05:35
Get answers to your questions about Sardinia