We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in Sardinia

California
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks in Sardinia

Flying into Cagliari from Milan on 30 September for the start of two weeks in Sardina. First time to the Island. Looking for recommendations for 2-3 cities to use as bases. Will likely rent car after exploring Cagliari itself. Interested in nature, food, wine, and ruins, with a beach or two thrown in. Thanks.

Bethel Park, PA
Level Contributor
569 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

Only spent one week in Sardinia in a time-share near Olbia. Would love to go back to the island as we were so entranced with our day-trips we never got to southern or western Sardinia. Also, didn't have time to see Corsica.

What were the highlights for us and easily reached from Olbia: Complesso Romanzesu Nuraghi (Important nuraghi site), Coastline of Rena Majore (gorgeous beaches) ,Basilica of Santissima di Saccargia (amazing old church...still in use and next to monastery ruins), Grotto dei Bue Marino (famous cave), Village of Aggius (great textiles) and Olivastri Millenary (small grove of huge old olive trees...supposedly the world's oldest and certainly the largest I have ever seen.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

In our trip of the 2012 we liked very much Barumini, Parco della Giara and the Stone museum at Pau; stayed at agriturismo Su Massaiu at Turri as base.

Liked San Pietro island (Carloforte), the grotto and the old mines of Sulcis in the south, the Sinis peninsula near Oristano, the well of Santa Cristina and further north-west the town of Bosa

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

I meant 2010... wrote few reviews.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

Hi, I would suggest to explore the Southern Coast, especially if you fly into Cagliari: there you'll find nature, some of the best archaeological sites like Nora, good food and great beaches, of course, like Chia and Nora Beaches. You can stay in a nice village along the coast like Pula, from where to take daily excursions. There, I definitely recommend the Lantana Resort, www.lantanaresort.it, that offers both hotel and apartments accommodations (and a good restaurant, too), a fine solution if you plan to visit around.

sardinia
Level Contributor
423 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

Hi!

you need to pay attention for the hotels closing time!

You can easily check here the availability for your holiday

www.charmingsardinia.com/sardinia/home.php

I really suggest you to have a look to Villa Las Tronas in Alghero (a lovely city in the north of sardinia), La Locanda del Conte Mameli in Olbia (costa Smeralda - a must see of Sardinia) and Golf Hotel is Arenas near Oristano (sardinia centre)

If you need help feel free to pm me!

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
441 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i25461-Sardinia…

maybe my triplist can give some inspiration?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

I suggest too South Sardinia a nice base can be Sant'Antioco, you can find nature, relax, roman history, great food and local wines...

I'd definitely recommend the Blue Sardinia Holidays apartment, http://www.bluesardiniaholidays.com , very nice, fully equipped. A great solution for families and small groups of friends!

California
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

Thanks to all for the wonderful suggestions. We are starting in the South, and are staying in Cagliari for 3 nights before picking up a car. After that, only sure thing is a place to stay in Olbia, at the end of the trip. Will incorporate suggestions into the middle, which we hope includes a few days in the interior of the island. Restaurant and winery recommendations always welcomed! And again, thanks to all who have taken the time to give us direction. It truly helps.

9. Re: Two weeks in Sardinia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:16