We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where would you recommend please?

Moscow
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Where would you recommend please?

Hi all,

I'm a Brit living and working in Russia and want to come for a relaxing stay in Sardnia with my fiancee.

My question is: where would you recommend that I stay please?

My budget is about $500 per night.

We're looking for a hotel with a nice, clean private beach.

We'd like somewhere within walking distance to nearby restaurants.

I really don't know much about Sardnia (yet!) so I would be really grateful for some help.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

sardinia
Level Contributor
423 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where would you recommend please?

Hello nick

one of my favourit place for romantic and relaxing break is the hotel Villa Del Golfo. This hotel offers lovely suites that have a private garden, some of them have even private pool.

more over this hotel is located close to Cannigione village that offers really good restaurants and clubs where to enjoy good food and lovely wine.

the hotel is not right on the beach but it is only 700 mt from it.

I found it through www.charmingsardinia.com

Moscow
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where would you recommend please?

Does anyone else have any other ideas please?

We're looking to travel July/Aug or very early Sept - would it be crazy to fly, stay a night in Rome, fly to Sardinia and then rent a car to find a hotel?

Thanks,

Nick

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,881 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where would you recommend please?

Number one, you would be crazy to arrive end of August beginning of September with nothing booked. You will be struggling to find somewhere at that time as it is.

Also, Rome is not the best place to transit, as flights from Rome to Sardinia are very expensive. Better to look at Pisa, where you can get Ryanair flights. Otherwise it's London, or pay the fares that Alitalia, Air One and Meridiana are asking.

I would suggest you go to Alghero, as it has the kind of hotels you are look for. The Carlos V is one option (although it may have closed again by September) with a private beach. The Alma and the Florida are on the beach. Neither has a private beach (although there are sections of the public beach that are segregated and where you can rent deck chairs and parasols) and the Florida has a private pool. All those are well within your budget and within walking distance of some of the best restaurants in the Med.

Moscow
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where would you recommend please?

Thanks for your advice. I'll do a search for these hotels.

I've also been offered the following hotels:

Sofitel Talassa Timi Ama 4*sup

Collonna Beach and Resort 5* BB

Abi D`Oru 5*

Are they located well and good value for money hotels please?

Thanks again for your help - I'm really very grateful.

Rgds,

Nick

sardinia
Level Contributor
423 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where would you recommend please?

hello,

among those you have mentioned the hotel Sofitel Timi Ama is the best for sure. It has recently been upgraded as a 5 star and it deserve each star they give it.

the service and the location is great.

colonna beach, forget about it.

Abi D'Oru: it is a good 4 star but not close to 5 star as service. the location is great

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where would you recommend please?

Hi

I just booked flights to Sardinia from Rome with Air One ( they were approx 60 Euros each to Alghero, slightly cheaper than Meridiana which was about 80 UK pounds) in early September.

Have fun!

Moscow
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where would you recommend please?

If I was to fly from Moscow to somewhere close to Sardinia, which is the best airport to fly into please? Nice?

I'm planning to rent a car when I land and keep it for the duration (one week in Sardinia and then return on the ferry to go to St Tropez etc).

Thanks again for any help.

Regards,

Nick

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,881 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where would you recommend please?

The cheapest daily links to Sardinia are from Hahn in Germany, Pisa, London Stansted and Girona (Spain) all with Ryanair to Alghero and London Luton, Berlin, Geneva and Milan Malpensa to Olbia or London Gatwick to Cagliari, all with Easyjet.

Otherwise there are occasional charters and the daily flights from various places in Italy using Alitalia, Air One or Meridiana.

Moscow
Level Contributor
30 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where would you recommend please?

I'll be flying from Moscow though so wanted to find a good location (Nice for example) that had good connections to Sardinia.

Maybe I should ask a travel ageny but you seem to know a lot more than they do ;)

Thanks again.

Nick

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,881 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where would you recommend please?

No, Nice is not good. Far better the other options. If you are not too worried about the fare (or want to avoid the low-costs) then Rome-Sardinia on Meridiana or Air One would work.