We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

Flying into Cagliari in Sept. at 9 pm what would you recommend for transportation to Santa Maria Navarrese? I didn't want to rent a car and I'm staying 3 nights, what are my options and prices?

Thank you in advance, appreciate your help.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

1. Take the airport bus into downtown Cagliari (10 minutes, 4 Euros) and spend the night there (you are arriving too late to go anywhere by public transportation)

2. Take the ARST bus line 103 next morning from the Cagliari bus depot to Tortoli (three hours). The bus depot is across the square from the train station. There is a MacDonald's inside the bus depot. Buy the ticket from the manned ticket window.

3. Connect to the ARST bus line 301 from Tortoli to Santa Maria Navarrese (25 minutes).

Study the schedules carefully to ensure a good connection. Pay attention to seasonality and days of operation, as they vary considerably from summer to the rest of the year. Summer schedules end September 15.

Holler if you need help.

www.arst.sardegna.it

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

what about private cars, or shuttles or taxis?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,425 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

It's 160 km! This says a taxi (1-3 persons) would cost "from" €233: suntransfers.com/cagliari-airport-to-santa-m…

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

More likely closer to 300 Euros.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

I was looking at car rentals on economycarrentals.com and it looked like it only costs me 80 US dollars for my 3 night trip. This seems really cheap, has anyone used this car rental service before?

London
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

Without a car, your trip is virtually impossible.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,425 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

It's not "virtually impossible", as #1 makes clear - unless the intention was to spend all 3 nights at Santa Maria Navarrese, which, using public transport, is ruled out when arriving at 21:00 hrs!

There are reviews of the car-hire company mentioned on economycarrentals.com/go/…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

Has anyone on tripadvisor used the economycarrentals.com before?

Bratislava, Slovakia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

Hi all:)

me and my b-friend are going to make the same - arrriving 11th April late evening in Cagliari airport wanna go to Baunei because of the beautiful beach - Cala Goloritze. We would like to stay there. Leaving on sunday 13th April again late evening from Cagliari. Thinking about renting a car. What do you think? any advice?

THANKS GUYS;)

Adriana

London
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation, Sardinia, Cagliari to Santa Maria Navarrese

Hi

As you are not going to have much time, you need to study and print out your maps and routes before you go. I would suggest staying in Santa Maria Navarese or Arbatax.

If you drive to Baunei you need to follow the signs to "Il Golgo"or "Chiesa San Pietro" which will take you up the zigzag road up the cliff face above Baunei. You then follow the signs to the car park for the path to Cala Goloritze. I doubt there are going to be any other people around, hence the need for your maps/ guides. I would suggest you leave the beach - the water is going to be cold- well before sunset as the light goes very quickly and this would not be a good place to get lost.

The restaurant /bar "Il rifugio" will be open and would be a good place for a "sundowner" or a Sardinian meal. http://www.coopgoloritze.com/ They may be able to give some information and do have basic accommodation. You may also like to spend a little time at the waterholes that are near the carpark, as many animals may be seen taking water or bathing there. The church of San Pietro is also worth a visit just to admire it's simplicity in the vast surrounding landscape.

I wish you luck with the weather. If you are lucky you will have a beautiful day.