We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sardinia - corsica

Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
sardinia - corsica

I know that this may be a subjective question but how long is a good - site seeing vacation on these two islands? We will be renting a car. Landing in Cagliari.

Willing to read any opinion of someone who has experience traveling in this area.

Thank you

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sardinia - corsica

To appreciate Sardinia and understand it, need at least 10 days, for Corsica another week.

If you head to Alghero, could organise day trips to Corsica with the captain of the boat where you can stay the nights.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
2,275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sardinia - corsica

We got a nice overview of the two islands, spending seven days on each in June. But we missed a lot in the process. I mapped out the "must sees" for us and we covered those. But both islands offer much more. We picked up our car in Cagliari, left it in Santa Teresa di Gallura and went by ferry as foot passengers from there to Bonifacio, where we picked up another rental car. We shall return.

Level Contributor
2,558 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sardinia - corsica

I've been going to Sardinia for between 3 and 10 weeks per year for the last 20 years. I've still not seen all the "must sees" but I've seen and enjoyed every minute of every day.

My advice is head to Ogliastra and look around you, breathe in the air, forget the rest of the world and spend as long there as possible.

4. Re: sardinia - corsica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:16
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question