We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies?

Manchester
8 posts
Save Topic
Mozzies?

First can I say a big THANK YOU to CentroStorico for all the superb information that he/she contributes to this forum. My hubby and I will be in Alghero from tomorrow (08/05/07) for five days celebrating our wedding anniversary and are so looking forward to it especially as the weather forecast looks so good for the rest of this week .

Just from reading the replies to other questions we have been able to make hotel reservations and arrange a car with Enrico. We have planned a fabulous itinerary to drive to Bosa one day, Castelardo another and take the train to Sassari too ( I am aware that it's not the nicest of places but understand that there is a branch of Combipel there so that's the attraction for me!)

One thing I need to ask is about Mosquitos. Whenever I go to a warm climate mozzies seem to find me a bit tasty. Are mosquitos a problem in Sardinia? If so do I need to bring repellant with me?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but would rather be safe than sorry.

Millie grazie

leicestershire uk
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies?

We have just returned from Alghero. The mozzies bit my husband quite badly but I escaped.

Thanks also to CentroStorico. Advice on Airport bus and directions to our apartment in Marco Polo were spot on.

We also hired a car from Enrico and he took us to the airport.

Ride to Bosa was Beautiful and also went to Stintino and Pelosa beach. The sea was azure blue.

Went to Sassari by bus and returned by train, but didn't think much of the town.

All in all a great holiday, especially wandering around the streets of the old town eating the wonderful ice creams.

Frigiliana, Spain
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies?

pammy what did u make of Stintino ? could you spend a day there with a stop at peolsa.i havnt been able to find many pictures of the actual town on the net

3. Re: Mozzies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about Alghero