We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best restaurants in alghero

canterbury kent
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best restaurants in alghero

Hi am off to Alghero on tues for a couple of days for my 40th and would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest some really great restaurants and bars am a real foodie and love good wine !!!! am going without my kids so hopefully be chilled out and romantic !!

chorley
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best restaurants in alghero

Hi, if you read the dining overview it gives some really helpful advice. We recently visited Alghero and I would recommend Paco's at San Francesco or Tres Torres next door. I don't know if you've been to Alghero before but if you call at the tourist information desk at the airport they have some useful - and free! - maps which will help you get your bearings. Enjoy!

canterbury kent
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best restaurants in alghero

Katy, thank you very much for your kind advice we will pay them a visit, regards Sam

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best restaurants in alghero

personal high quality faves: Pacos & Al tugurri. Often discussed on forums, and frequently picked as peoples faves. If it was for a special blowout on the finest things in local culinary life I would pick al tugurri.

Couple of offbeat choices:

La Muraglia, in spite of the various changes over the years I've never had a bad meal here, and the top deck sunset views of Capo Caccia are stunning. HOWEVER almost everyone I know has found cause to complain about it at some stage.

Jamaica Inn, for a simple snack. A frequently visiting friend swears that the Spaghetti ai Ricci dish they do is the best on the island..

The beach shack style restaurant La Conchiglia on Maria Pia beach was great; this was initally recommended to me by the Sardinians who frequent the 'Italia Uno' bar in London. Very good for a 'we are not in Kansas' type feel....

Cambridge England
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best restaurants in alghero

We were there last week and would recommend Paco's as they have a great menu and the wine is superb (a nice bottle of Perdera to start with) and the family are hard working and enthusisatic making you feel welcome....come to think of it that is normal in Sardinia.

Cavour is great for a quieter,more sedate meal of local produce (ask the waiters for their recommendations including wine and you won't be disappointed).

If you want a recommended beach...If you get the chance to visit Spiaggio Mugoni (a beach on the way to Capo Cacchia) you will wonder why anybody feels the need to go anywhere else!

Try it and let me know...but don't tell anybody else!

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best restaurants in alghero

We went to Paco's in November and it was a very good meal indeed. My favourite has to be Al Tuguri though. It's absolutely amazing, we sampled the fisherman (fish) and the Farmer (meat) menus and they were delicate, fresh and so, so tasty. The staff were extremely helpful and the place itself is comfotable and stylish.

Looking forward to trying many more restaurants when we visit again.

6. Re: best restaurants in alghero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Alghero