We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

Which Alghero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st 2012.. Just wondering where is worth staying as we do not wish to hire a car, a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and 14.. Any suggestions welcome.. We would like a sandy beach and walking distance to the shops and restaurants.. No problem with public transport if available..

Mary

Marina di Sorso
Level Contributor
45 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

I've been living on Sardinia since many years. ALGHERO is the most beautiful CITY on the island, Castelsardo the most beautiful village next to the Sea for me.

If you like to know more details, just let me know in advance, I'll be happy to tell you some "insider secrets". Do you need accomodation? Then welcome to take a look at these private appartments, too: http://www.sardegnaweb.eu

Whenever we have friends coming here, we recommend the 2 in CASTELSARDO and they are all very happy to stay there, becasue you can reach anything by walking or just taking the bus.

Meet me also online at Skype: sabrinaefabio

Greetings and Ciao, Sasa

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

Hotel Florida, opposite the beach on Lido, Alghero, supermarkets and restaurants very close, returning for 6th year staying at the same hotel. Pool is a bit cold this time of year however it is kept spotless. We stay on B&B basis, get lunch at the supermarkets which we eat on out balcony and eat at Las Ramblas restaurant, 2mins walk away, excellent food, portions and value for money. hotel website www.hotelfloridaalgherio.it Pictures on the website a bit dated. Mariangela on reception is very helpful.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

Forgot to mention in my previous email that you can get bus from the airport for a couple of euros and it goes past the hotel. We take a taxi as my husband is a wheelchair user and it takes approx 10 minutes. Taxi is about 20euros which is quite expensive for the 2 of us but is much more convenient for us. We fly from Stanstead to Alghero, flight normally arrives about 9.30am and we are at the hotel by 10am.

Carlow, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

Thank you for information...Woudl you please let me know what is your best price on these appartments for that week arriving May 31st to 6th June and is there a bus service from the airport, how much is it? Also is there a beach within walking distance of the appartment. and are there restaurants and shops in the area? Would you have a link to see more of the area?

Regards

Mary

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

Think you mis-understood my reply. I go to the Florida hotel as a guest. Their web site is www,hotelfloridaalghero.it Your questions are answered in my other replies.

Lucan, Dublin...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

Hi Sabrina

It is also my first time going to Sardinia, we are staying in an apt in alghero for 2 weeks (7-21st June). I would appreciate some of these 'insider secrets' that you have :) we hope to rent a car, so if you know of any cheap car rental places that would be great, we are on a bit of a budget so any tips for eating out etc also would be helpful. We hope to drive around to different places on the island and to also visit corsica.

All help would be much appreciated :) thanks.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

Listen guys, Alghero is a lovely spot,the old town is fantastic.Food we found very cheap and good quality in the restaurants.A boat trip well worth taking goes out to the Grotto Nettuno, Neptune's Cave, out on the cape.

However, you asked about beaches.The town beach, the lido, is not the best, a bit straggly.What you need to do is take the bus from the bus terminal in the centre out to Bombarde and other nearby beaches there, they are beautiful, white sand backed by pine trees.Takes about 40 minutes,quicker with a hire car.

Check out the local ice cream, Mama MIA!

8. Re: first time in sardinia. flying into Alghero, on May 31st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:40
Get answers to your questions about Alghero