We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sardinia with children

Which Alghero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bucharest
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
sardinia with children

Could someone advise for a hotel in sardinia:our kids are 6 and 12 years old.I was looking at forte village that is catering well for the children but I would prefer a hotel were we can enjoy much more the sea instead of swimingpools loaded whith chlorine.

I spotted some nice hotels like stella maris ,Abi d'oro but it seems like they are more fit for couples than for families.

Please help!!

sardinia
Level Contributor
423 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sardinia with children

hello saschia, another good solution for family hotel would be the tanka village in villasimius where you have a great beach. this hotel is one of the best for children facilities since it has baby club, mini club an young club so it covers really every age of the children you can check on www.atahotels.it

Stella Maris is more for couples for sure

Abi d'oru could also be fine for families, especially the junior suite that they have could accomodate the 4 of you. have a look on www.altamarea.it

another fantastic hotel for families is in my opnion a brand new hotel called valle dell'erica that I have found on www.charmingsardinia.com this hotel is located close to santa teresa di gallura

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sardinia with children

Saschia, are you not aware the Forte Village is right on the beach? You dont have to use the pools as the most gorgeous sand and sea are on your doorstep, literally miles of it!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,418 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sardinia with children

As loki4 says, there are other options.

But Millerman is right. Go for the Forte Village. You will have the best beaches on the south coast.

sardinia
Level Contributor
423 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sardinia with children

dear all, the forte village is definitely on the beach, however I need to point out that their beach is nothing comparing to those of the other coast of villasimius.

Santa Margherita has a nice beach, nicer is the one in Chia, 15 km from santa margherita.

that's why most of the people going to forte village seems to enjoy more the 18 swimming pools of the resort rather than the actual beach

that's off course only my personal opinion

london
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sardinia with children

It depends where you are flying in to. If its Alghero then have a look at the rocca rula in stintino. They do a kind of all in package with non motorised watersports, sunbeds on their stretch of the beach. The sea is very calm and safe ofr children. I cannot remember how to spell Rocca rula but they advertise on www.stintinoincoming.com

They aslo have apartments for self catering options.

The hotel is on the beach side.

Ther eis also very good snorkelling and scuba diving off the beach

bucharest
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sardinia with children

Thank you for your advices;that was really my concern that even if forte village is on the beach i will not convince my kids to trade that marvelous pools for the beach.

On the other hand they have a lot of activities for my son that is 12 and is easylly get bored just lying on the beach.

Valle d'erica is indeed a good option,and the beach in Villasimius it seems to be the nicest.I will decide these days ,but definitely this will be just the first trip to Sardinia since there are so many nice places.

7. Re: sardinia with children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Alghero