We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cagliari in October

Which Cagliari hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cagliari in October

Hi,

I have booked flights to Cagliari in October and now looking at accommodation. I also have no idea about what there is to do / see!

I'd be really grateful if anyone has any recommendations about where would be best to stay (in October)? Also, do I need a car?

Thanks,

Ryan

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cagliari in October

"I also have no idea about what there is to do / see!"

I'm astonished that anyone would decide to go somewhere without apparently having the faintest idea what it might have to offer them, and go so far as to book flights before taking even minimal steps to find out!

Anyway, if you look under "More on Cagliari" on the left of this page, you will find "Things to Do", as already rated by TA members. I don't see much point in repeating here what you will find there, but perhaps when you have seen what is on offer, and filtered this via your own interests, you will have further questions.

London
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cagliari in October

thanks for you're reply. Most unappreciated. If I wanted a sarcastic response, I would've asked for one.

I don't need to explain my reason for coming to Sardinia, I was simply using this forum to garner ideas about where to stay and tips on what to do.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,810 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cagliari in October

It might be helpful to provide the following details, to enable readers to fashion replies to your query:

1. How long is your stay?

2. Is this your first trip to Sardinia (I assume so)?

3. What interests you more: history, art, architecture, archeology, folklore, churches, musuems, etc., or nature, beaches, outdoor activities etc.?

4. When in October are you going (it can make a big difference in terms of the weather)?

5. What category of hotel is of interest to you (budget, mid-range, luxury)?

6. How much independence from public transportation schedules do you want?

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cagliari in October

I would say you don't need a car unless you really want to visit Nora.

This is possible by public transport but a bit messy.

wales
Level Contributor
482 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cagliari in October

Juast read your post. When are you going?

6. Re: Cagliari in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 06:42