We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach hut accommodation???....

Which Olbia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mytrip-ar
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Beach hut accommodation???....

Can anyone recommend accommodation for us in the Olbia area that is along the lines of Beach hut on the beach, camping on the beach (no tent of our own) or general hippy laid back beach vibe accommodation for us with easy access to a beach?

We just want to kick back and relax and don't need 5 star luxury to do this, just clean with decent facilities and great sundowners.

Actually, we don't need to be in Olbia if you can recommend somewhere that we can get to Olbia easily using public transport. Also from Olbia airport.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Mytrip.

Sardinia, Italy
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach hut accommodation???....

Cala Sisine & Cala Luna beaches near Cala Gonone match that description perfectly.

However, my 'easily reachable' from Olbia might not be your easily reachable.

Firstly, define the 'we'. In terms if numbers & age bracket. And timing - days available & time of year.

mytrip-ar
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach hut accommodation???....

Hi dancingbrave,

'We' are a couple in our early 30's, due to arrive in just over a weeks time.

We are experienced travellers so don't mind putting ourselves out to reach an area, apart from we will already have made a 16hr trip to get to Sardinia so quick and ease would be preferred due to tiredness.....

thanks!

Zaragoza, Spain
Level Contributor
462 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach hut accommodation???....

Did You find that great hut by the beach? This is also what i am looking for!!

mytrip-ar
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach hut accommodation???....

Heu Choni,

If you are looking for a hut that you may typically find on the beaches of, say. Thailand, unfortunately we didn't come across any?.

Although we didn't book a beach hut, we did found the 'Isuledda' campsite that offered tents right in the beach and also little 'Tukul' which are cute little mud huts with bunk beds also dotted around the site & beach. We opted for the Lodge tent and it was in a perfect location for us to fall out of bed onto the sand on the days that we just wanted to relax and unwind. We also considered Camping Baia Saraceno which is nearer to Palau for more restaurants etc.

We went in May and everywhere was closed around our camp in Isuledda, aside from a few places in nearby Cannigione which we walked to on occasions...appx 20mins? But we did know that it was out of season and had expected most restaurants etc to be closed anyway.

isuledda.it/en/holiday-village-sardinia.php

http://www.baiasaraceno.com/lingue.htm

Mytrip x

Zaragoza, Spain
Level Contributor
462 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach hut accommodation???....

Thanks i got in Touch with the camping and then offered is a tukul, first time i hear about, .

Did You stay in a tukul? It sounds funny and it looks nice but we are not. Sure about it, besides that it costs 50€ a night. I find it pricey, since it hasn't got a bath or shower facilities.

Need Help to choose,!!!,,

mytrip-ar
Level Contributor
210 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach hut accommodation???....

We stayed in a 'Lodge Tent' rather than a Tukul because we managed to get a better deal for our money. Mind you, we were staying there out of season so we were able to haggle a bit.

Yes, €50 is rather expensive for space/facilities in the Tukul, but then again Sardinia is expensive in general. I suppose the best thing about them is that they are unique from the usual hotel apartments etc. In a Tukul all you would use it for is to sleep as there is no real living space inside.

The shared toilets/shower facilities on the camp are in great condition and I would have no problem in using these for the duration of a holiday, it just depends on what you want out of your euros per night/accommodation?

x

Olbia
Level Contributor
601 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach hut accommodation???....

We used to have sedge huts right on the beach in the Sinis area (Oristano) but they have all been demolished.

unionesarda.it/collane/…

8. Re: Beach hut accommodation???....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 10:16