We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

Rolle, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

Be careful here with this company. They run a game with insurance and damage waivers. They gave me a ''new car'', said at the counter it had no damage and when I inspected it , there was 7 small marks. I noted them on this, and they got cocky with me. While in the parking lot I saw them do the same thing to other clients. Their insurance coverage can cost more than the rental. If you have a small rock mark, or ''wear and tear scuff'' they will mark off 300 Euro off your deposit. Best you FORCE the use of your A-Ex card, although they complain. Inner scam on insurance is the bottom line. Even 'Pre-Purchased'' insurance doesn't cover there insane waivers of damage.

23 replies to this topic
London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

Be very careful- in fact don't use the. They gave me a car which I inspected it looked fine. When I took it back they noticed some minute marks on the door. I would never have noticed these when I inspected it. They charged my credit card 200 euros for this 'damage'. I had separate insurance to cover this however they didn't charge my card until after I returned to the UK and haven't provided any proof, making it impossible for me to claim. I am trying to recover the money through my credit card company..Avoid these crooks!

Rolle, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

The same thing happened to me. I noticed them pressing other customers in the parking lot, very unsuspectingly. I was so careful, and the insurance they wanted to sell was additional and more than the rental price. They are running a scam you can not escape if they have your card details. They were aggressive and suspect when I questioned them. They have all the answers and easily confuse the customer with the part of their scam. Go immediately to another company, it's safer ! Forget them.

Amsterdam, New York
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

The same happend to us. Nobody went outside with us. The car was damage on the left side. When i went back to notice it, she said no problem en make a litte notice on the paper, when we came back, another girl said there was a damage on the mirror also on the left side, and it is no mark on our paper. So we ,,did" that. But we didnt. Now they ask money for it.

Rolle, Switzerland
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

It's a scam that is part of their business model. It is clear that they are ''running'' this scam in an orgainzed way, like a criminal way. They should be busted for it . When I was there, I saw it happen a few times with customer so frustrated they just paid. Notice it to the Police, and nothing gets done. That's why they are penny wise and pound foolish. Criminal acts should not be rewarded - but anything goes with this company.

I can not see a way to get around renting from them and not risking being Prey to their ''con-game''.

Paris, France
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

This particular rental happened in Palermo, Sicily

I rented this car in July 2015 and was to pay 260 € or so for 13 days. Picking uup the car in Palermo we were given an upgrade although I asked for nothing. We accepted for the additional small cost and took the car. 13 days later upon arriving all was good -'Was everything ok?' asked your representative 'Perfect' I answered. A young man went to verify the car and came back with a frown. He had found 'scratch' on the plastic bumper at the front left of the car - maybe one that I could have done because certain roads have overhanging branches in Sicily. Anyway it was a truly non perceivable scratch which could probably have been scrubbed away with a sponge. The trainee who saw this 'damage' had certainly never seen the car before so could not truly say the the car which I was not the first to drive was in PERFECT condition when I took it. Had I seen the 'scratch' I might have said something but in both cases before and after it was really necessary to get down on one's knees to view it. On the hubcap of the car there was also a scratch the size of a 2 euros coin. Perhaps Me again but surely NOT WORTH THE PRICE OF 300 € NOLLEGGIARRE has now taken from my account including the price of the rental and including what they say is insurance included in the rental. This pricing is SCANDALOUS and I shall write to my insurance broker, to TRIP ADVISOR, to AMERICAN EXPRESS which was one of the cards I used for this rental but you chose to use my Visa. This charge is truly OUTRAGEOUS and I shall inform whoever I must in order to make sure that customers in the future are aware that your company NOLLEGIARE has practices which are PURELY ABUSIVE. I do have pictures of the 'damage' which must be seen with a microscope to see anything. DISGRACEFUL!!! I WILL NEVER USE NOLLIAGRE EVER AGAIN!!!

Rovigo, Italy
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

I don't like Noleggiare, same experience here for a two weeks rental in march. Scammed 150 euros but claimed to the broker http://inoleggio.it and they gave me back all the money.

So please avoid Noleggiare, you should prefer Avis or Hertz in Italy. If you book through a broker is cheap and you have more assistance.

Cheers.

Henley-on-Thames
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

Total rip-off company DO NOT USE THEM - we hired a car in Sicily and on returning it the girl who inspected it claimed we had damaged the car in two places one on the door and one on the wheel. We could not even see what she was referring to and asked the manager from the office to come and take a look and see if he could spot what she was citing as damage. He could not even identify the parts of the car that were supposedly damaged until they were pointed out to him. In spite of this they charged us 200 Euros for repairs. TOTAL AND COMPLETE BUNCH OF CRIMINALS - DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY.

Blandford Forum...
Level Contributor
3 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

Such a shame that this has happened to people. Is there a company that people would recommend? I have been using comparison websites but it is difficult to know which company is providing the car. I am happy to pay a fair price for a good service. We are travelling late September in to October on honeymoon. As we are late in the season there maybe a chance of a cheeky upgrade... any experience of this would be really helpful. Thank you

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,175 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

I tend to use Sardinya (autonoleggiosardinya.com/rent_a_car_sardinia/). Never had a problem with them. In fact once I returned a car minus its parcel shelf (we had removed it to get beach supplies in the boot). Fortunately we returned the car the day before we flew out and I was able to bring the shelf with me to the airport, no problem.

I have also used Avis, Thrifty and Hertz, all without issues.

One advantage of Sardinya and Avis is that they accept debit cards for the damage deposit.

Canton of Geneva...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL

This company are thieves. We rented a car we paid in advance, and when we arrived in Olbia, they told us not having a car for us. so we had to rent another car on site. It ruined the start of our family vacation and we generated additional costs 600 euros.

Reply to: Noleggio auto Olbia CAR RENTAL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted