We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sicily

Downpatrick, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
sicily

what is the best area to stay in sicily. my friends like to be near the centre of things but far enough away if they need to get back to their hotel if they need some relaxation.They love to be near the sea. they are leaving from the airport i think trampino? thank you for yor help.they are staying 3.5 days.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
218 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sicily

You mean you to say your friends who now are in a hotel in Sicily have never been curious to find out beforehand what Sicily is like or what there is to do on the island?

How extraordinary!

A very curious thread you started here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k1290…

Downpatrick, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sicily

my friends have not arrived in italy yet and i am finding out about the island first. thank you for your reply.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,863 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sicily

Will your friends fly from Rome's Ciampino or Fiumicino? Don't think it will be Ciampino, because I'm not aware of flights from there to Sicily.

If they will fly from Fiumicino, and traveling a budget airlines, chances are they will land in Trapani on Sicily, but Alitalia also has flight to Palermo and Catania. With only 3.5 days, knowing the airport of arrival is very important. They will need to stay near that airport, and not waste time on the road in Sicily.

If Palermo's the destination, Cefalu would be a good choice.

If Trapani is the destination, Trapani, or Favignana on the Egadi Islands would be great!

In Catania, Giardini would work.

You need more information for this question to receive a proper response.

Vagabonda

4. Re: sicily

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 00:19