We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thinksicily.com

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
thinksicily.com

has anyone booked a villa thru thinksicily? are they a reputable company?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thinksicily.com

The Good Web Guide is the definitive guide to the best sites on the Internet.

http://www.thegoodwebguide.co.uk/index.php

Their review on thinkSicily:

www.thegoodwebguide.co.uk/index.php?rid=3960

Villas:

www.thegoodwebguide.co.uk/index.php…

thinkSicily:

www.thegoodwebguide.co.uk/index.php?rid=3961

A review from a user on Slow Travel:

www.slowtrav.com/italy/vr/review.asp?n=2336

The booking service is London-based and gave very courteous service, including prompt responses to our pre-booking questions. Their documents and materials were extensive and informative, professional and accurate. I would certainly use their agency again. They also had a man in Sicily should we have on the spot concerns (which we didn't).

Vagabonda

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: thinksicily.com

thanks Vagabonda!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: thinksicily.com

Just send you a message!

Vagabonda

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: thinksicily.com

I'm reading the sicily forum to get more knowledge. The hardest part about planning this vacation is narrowing it down to just 2 weeks. The more I read, the more I think I could spend 2 months just in Sicily, and probably not see everything I would like to see.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: thinksicily.com

So very true!

Sicily is 9926 square miles and it's packed with historical sights, beautiful landscapes, cities, towns, beaches, vineyards, mountains, volcanoes, cultural venues, culinary experiences.........

There are entire itineraries based on themes, like archaeological sites, wine routes, gourmet routes, or volcano routes!

Lots to see and do, but most importantly get off the beaten path and experience the local culture - the heart and soul of Sicily!

Vagabonda

boston, MA
Level Contributor
362 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thinksicily.com

so much to see, and so little time for us tourists to try to see it all! There's nothing to do but win the lottery, quit our jobs, and spend all our time seeing all the wonderful things there are!!

Now I suppose my chances of winning a lottery would improve if I actually bought a ticket . . .LOL

Oh, well, guess 2 weeks will just have to do for now :)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: thinksicily.com

operalover59, keep dreaming! :-) But, buying that lottery may help it along a little!

Now that all the planning and work is behind you, you seem so much more relaxed about it all! Take heart, two weeks is a good amount of time to "feel" Sicily!

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

London
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: thinksicily.com

Hi, I have just booked a honeymoon through thinksicily and have had to cancel one night in a hotel due to flight changes. Even though we have given 4 months notice they have charged 30% of the booking. If we had booked directly with the hotel there would have been no charges. Be careful with their terms and conditions.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: thinksicily.com

Absolutely be careful and familiarize yourself with all terms and conditions prior to booking and agreeing to the terms of the contract.

Some villas do accept direct bookings, but many don’t. It’s worth the diligent research.

Vagabonda

10. Re: thinksicily.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 16:17