We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pozzallo to Palermo

Malta
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Pozzallo to Palermo

Will be travelling by motorcycle from Pozzallo to Palermo, most of the way via the A19 through Siracusa and Catania. Will I find petrol stations adequately spaced apart on the A19 or do I have to leave the A19 every time I need to fill up (every 150 Km)?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,108 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pozzallo to Palermo

You should be fine on the A19 – There are well spaced service areas at Caracoli, Scillato (between the Buonfornello junction and the Scillato junction), Sacchitello (between the Enna junction and theMulinello junction), and Gelso Bianco at the Motta Sant'Anastasia junction.

Vagabonda

Malta
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pozzallo to Palermo

Thanks Vagabonda. You seem to be well versed in Sicily matters. So maybe I should ask another question. Do I take the SNAV Ferries or Tirrenia from Palermo to Naples. They leave at the same time and arrive at the same time. Yet SNAV is much cheaper. Is there something I should know?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,108 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pozzallo to Palermo

You might enjoy the information on these threads.

tirrenia vs snav:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k1809…

fodors.com/community/europe/tirrenia-ferry-p…

Vagabonda

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
983 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pozzallo to Palermo

Hi Juandb,

on the A18 Rosolini-Siracusa at the moment there is only one petrol station just before Siracusa's exit (60km from Pozzallo).

Here are the distances between the petrol stations on the A19 Palermo-Catania:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autostrada_A19_(Italy)

I'm guessing that if you leave from Malta with a full tank you will need to stop at "Gelso Bianco" (116km from Pozzallo).

Best wishes!

Salvo

5. Re: Pozzallo to Palermo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 05:16