We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Sicily

Brisbane
2 posts
Save Topic
10 days in Sicily

We are 2 single women travelling to Sicily in the next week or so. We are going to spend at least 2 nights in Giorgios house in Palermo but have not book other accommodation yet. Does anyone have any tips on where to go and good accommodation tips. We dont like the high touristy experiences and would be happy to have a go at the monastories or b n bs.

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
462 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Sicily

If you check out my report of October 28th you will get an idea of what we did on our trip in Nov. of 2003. We stayed at wonderful agriturismo's (must have a car) and if you'd like I'd be happy to give you the names.

Travelpatty

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in Sicily

Travelpatty, I would be interested in hearing about the agritourismos that you used. I plan on going back in 08 for a visit with 2 other couples. So there will be 6 of us total. Renting and using a rental car is fine with me as I used to live in Sicily in the 80's. I lived between Catania and Augusta whichis north of Siracusa.

It's funny because I hated being there as I was in the navy back then but now that I have a chance to reflect, it was one of the best times of my life when I lived there. So peaceful and laid back life they have there in Sicily! And I just fell in love with Mt. Etna!

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
462 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Sicily

I replied to you under a new topic by mistake.

Sorry!

Travelpatty

sicily
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Sicily

how are you travelling? Car rental or train?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in Sicily

I plan on renting a van if we decide to do this trip independently.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days in Sicily

Hi-

We rented a car and toured around everywhere because Sicily is small. Try to get the Aeolian Islands they are really quaint and beautiful. We stayed on Lipari because it was the off season and it's the biggest Island. When we went to Taormina we stayed in Giardini Naxos at Hotel La Riva which was right on the beach and was great. Also Catania was great for shopping. I wouldn't spend that much time in Palermo if you don't want touristy experiences!!! You can get to the Aeolian Islands via Milazzo and they have ferrys running all year! We never booked any accomodations in Sicily except when we flew into Palermo and because it was the off season we got our pick of anywhere at a great price. Have fun!