We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa Hotels / Locations

Clane, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Spa Hotels / Locations

Hi all,

Got the trip planned to the wonderful Sicily in October & we are finalising the hotels we are planning to stay in.

I am hoping that during the trip we will get a chance to spend a night / day in a Spa to add even more relaxation to the trip - if thats possible!!

Would anyone be able to recommend anywhere? We fly in & out of Catania & our destiantions are Siracusa, Ragusa-Modica, Agrigento & Taormina (most of our time will be spent in Taormina).

Grateful for any recommendations.

E

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa Hotels / Locations

Ciao eimeardkelly,

You would find spa hotels (spas, health centers, saunas and massages) in all of your destinations. In addition, some hotel without spas could still arrange a spa visit for you since non-guests are sometimes able to use hotel facilities if reserved in advance.

Taormina area hotels with facilities include Hotel Baia Taormina Hotel et Spa, Atahotel Capotaormina Resort, La Plage Resort, Grand Hotel San Pietro, Capo dei Greci Hotel and Spa, Sant Alphio Garden Hotel and Spa….

Spa facilities can be found in Siracusa at Grand Hotel Minareto Deluxe or Domus Mariae Benessere.

There’s the Donnafugata Golf Resort & Spa in Ragusa.

Baia di Ulisse is a new spa hotel in San Leone, Agrigento’s lido.

http://www.baiadiulisse.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g675638-d577986…

And of course there’s the new Rocco Forte Verdura Golf & Spa Resort west of Agrigento outside Sciacca.

http://www.verduraresort.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580230-d139132…

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

United States
Level Contributor
9,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa Hotels / Locations

I can recommend Baia di Ulisse near Agrigento in San Leone. I stayed there in April on Vagabonda recommendation and found it very relaxing. I had a massage on evening and the SPA facilities are top notch.

There were only two small irritations for me but they wouldn't be total deal breakers. One, wifi is only available in certain areas and the rooms are not covered. I couldn't get a connection even though my room was right above the bar where there was a connection. Two, the restaurant menu is changed every two days and is heavy on fish. If you are not a fish eater like I am then it may be a challenge. There are plenty of other places to eat in the surrounding area but after driving around all day I didn't always want to go out again.

TAB

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa Hotels / Locations

Ciao TAB,

Thank for your input - You know I’m going to ask for a hotel review!!! :-)

Of all your destinations eimeardkelly, Ragusa offers the least in the way of spa hotels, and Taormina offers the most, but since you don’t intend to spend much time in Agrigento, and since you do expect to spend most of your time in Taormina, it might be more important to base your Taormina hotel pick on more than spa facilities.

And because you might have less pick of hotels around Agrigento, Agrigento could be your pick for a (new) spa hotel.

You might enjoy the flexibility of choice in deciding a hotel on historic and ancient Ortigia, or an agriturismo in the Ragusa area, accommodations typical and charming to those areas, without considering whether they offered spa facilities.

Vagabonda

4. Re: Spa Hotels / Locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 07:16