We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night train from Messina to Rome

Santa Monica...
9 posts
Save Topic
night train from Messina to Rome

Hi, I was wondering if there is an overnight train from Messina to Rome? I'd like to leave on a Friday.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,831 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: night train from Messina to Rome

Yes, Check the Trenitalia website – Enter Reggio di Calabria and check the fast FRECCIARGENTO service.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Vagabonda

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Messina, Bratislava, London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: night train from Messina to Rome

There's an overnight intercity, number 1938, that leaves at 22:10 and arrives in Rome early in the morning. Check on trenitalia website.

Santa Monica...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: night train from Messina to Rome

Hmm, I checked trenitalia website and no solution was found. Which is why I posted the question. Is it because It is September is to many days away?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Messina, Bratislava, London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: night train from Messina to Rome

Yes, that should be why. You may check again in a few months, there's always an overnight train from Sicily. Remember to write from "Messina Centrale", not "Messina Marittima".

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,482 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: night train from Messina to Rome

At the moment, the Trenitalia web site does not have information after the planned timetable change on 12 June. The times probably will not change much, so use a date before then for your initial planning,

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,831 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: night train from Messina to Rome

There is always an overnight train, so just enter a date within seven days and you would have a fairly good idea of the schedule.

Vagabonda

7. Re: night train from Messina to Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 13:17