We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

Hungary, EUROPE
Level Contributor
687 posts
362 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

Hi there,

Looking around to rent a car for our 10 days vacation in Sicily in june.

We are a couple so a mini car would be fine for us. (last year we rented a FIAT 500 via Autoeurope.de but now prices are way too high)

I have came across ECONOMYBOOKINGS.COM and they have a Chevrolet SPARK available for as little as 165 EUR for 10 days :

https://www.economybookings.com/cars/results…

In your booking inclusive

Car Rental cost for whole period

Unlimited mileage

Collision Damage waiver CDW

Theft Protection TP

Third Part Liability TPL

All taxes and surcharges

24 Hour road assistance

I could not find out who the supplier is.

I am wondering if anyone has any kind of experience with the broker company ?

cheers, bl4ze

21. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 18:35
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

Perhaps this would be more helpful if posted on the appropriate forum.

And there are reputable brokers like Auto Europe, Kemwell, or Gemüt!

Vagabonda

Edited: 24 April 2014, 18:23
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

Just tried to book a jeep/SUV listed at under £700 for the month for USA - Looked too good to be true - Called economybookings and they advised that the price was without insurance or local taxes. They then asked if I needed to purchase these - Seriously ???

Representitive advised that they could provide a Santa Fe jeep with taxes and insurance for £1400 - now that's how to advertise unbeatable rental prices - just don't include the essentials in the price !!!

Moving on to another more transparent rental company thanks very much !!!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

These are the Sicily forums!!

Vagabonda

Vilnius, Lithuania
4 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

hello,

we like to rent car but we dont now wich company choise Locauto or Economybooking car?

Thanks

Hungary, EUROPE
Level Contributor
687 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

if I were you I would use autoeurope.de - there you can find the local dealer you are renting from.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

Follow bl4ze's recommendation!

Vagabonda

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
69 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

Hello giee86

Try http://www.economycarrentals.com. This is a different Economy Car Rental company to bl4ze's post. I used them for a Durban, South Africa booking and it was fine.

Level Contributor
3 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

As their subscriber for a long time, I recently recieved promo code for free refund excess. Since I already had a booking made with them, I requested cancellation in order to make a new one with this additional service, and paid additional free cancellation. However, when I received a voucher, this service was listed as "not included". When I asked them for explanation, they just told me not to worry, that I can be sure that it is included, but that they are not able to amend existing voucher. Then I explained this is not good enough answer for me, and would certainly not be for rent-a-car agency as well in case of damage, and I requested cancellation due to this error. Booking was cancelled, and I was informed that I have to wait for my money to be refunded for a month (for both bookings, around 400€) and that they are going to keep free cancellation fee of 9.4€, even though it was their mistake which leaded me to cancellation. Instead of apologize and effort to make things well, all I've got was expense. For nothing. Really dissapointing experience.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
98 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Anyone used Economybookings.com before to rent a car ?

I did. In París a couple of weeks ago. The car rental chosen by economybooking Was Europcar. I came to the car rental office at the time agreed and I have to wait for half an hour to be attended. I mistakenly pick up the car in a wrong day and expecting aid and support, the lady from Europcar Was not cooperative at all and made any effort to helpme. So I called the economybooking emergency number and the response Was worst I didn't received any help or advice.

So I Was there in París with my family with no support at all and have to manage myself to look for another car. It took me around 5 hours to Find another one and generate a dellay which obligate my to modify my travel plans.

Hope this experiencia can be valuable for You.

M. Alonso (México)