We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agriturismo Pollizzi Generosa Madonie area

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Agriturismo Pollizzi Generosa Madonie area

We will spend 3-4 nights in the Madonie in July. Based on previous posts/reviews, I contacted a few places and they are about the same price and all have availability, so now I can't decide! Here is a list of the ones i am considering:

- Il Vecchio Frantoio - last reviewer mentioned some communication problems - do they have English speaking staff?

- Il Baglio di Nonna - can't find any reviews of this place but Vagabonda recommends it once in an earlier thread so any info on this place is especially welcome

- Giardino Donna Lavia - have not heard back

- Agriturismo Antico Casale - also waiting to hear

- Masseria Susafa - no availability on one of our dates

I have not contacted the following yet but if you have thoughts, feel free to chime in - they all sound so great but hard to figure out what is better for us.

- Antico Feudo San Giorgio

- Agriturismo Santa Venere

We will have have all our breakfasts and dinners at the agriturismo so we want the food to be excellent (and hopefully from the farm itself?). I am looking for a place with picturesque landscapes (sweeping views a plus) and historic buildings and generally like more spartan, rustic decor rather than a lot of fussiness, and we will have a baby so it would be nice if we were not right on top of other guests with the room layout. Anyone have any other insights that will help me decide? When we're there, we will probably take a day trip to Enna/Piazza Armerina, do some light hiking in the Madonie, and visit some of the towns (Polizzi Generosa, Petralia Soprana, Petralia Sottana).

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Agriturismo Pollizzi Generosa Madonie area

Ciao ave8th,

The Madonie is a very local area – Assume you won’t find English-speaking staff.

First decide location, and then decide the agriturismo.

Il Baglio di Nonna was suggested to joeljason because he specifically wanted to stay near Polizzi Generosa.

Il Vecchio Frantoio is an outstanding option with delicious cuisine, and probably a good match for the more rustic agriturismo that you would like.

Masseria Susafa is quite boutique and more hotel than agriturismo in feeling – It’s lovely and comfortable and the cuisine is delicious.

Surely contact Antico Feudo San Giorgio – It’s a wonderful agriturismo!

If you haven’t heard back, assume there’s a language issue....

Vagabonda

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Agriturismo Pollizzi Generosa Madonie area

Thanks Vagabonda. Except for Masseria Susafa which we won't choose anyway because they don't have availability, all of these seem to be in about the same general location so at least for our touring purposes, they all seem pretty conveniently located, unless there something I'm missing? Okay will check with Antico Feudo San Giorgio but sounds like Il Vecchio would be a good fit.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Agriturismo Pollizzi Generosa Madonie area

Prego ave8th,

Yes, these agriturismi are in the same general area, but the driving is slow in the Madonie.

These are excellent agriturismi options!

Vagabonda

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Agriturismo Pollizzi Generosa Madonie area

Hi Ave, you can find extra info in this web address:

www.parks.it

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Agriturismo Pollizzi Generosa Madonie area

The Palermo tourism site ists all the towns in the Madonie – Click on your desired town, and then click on “where to sleep” to retrieve listings of accommodations with links to their websites.

palermotourism.com/datad/…

Vagabonda

6. Re: Agriturismo Pollizzi Generosa Madonie area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:16