We will spend 3-4 nights in the Madonie in July. Based on previous posts/reviews, I contacted a few places and they are about the same price and all have availability, so now I can't decide! Here is a list of the ones i am considering:
- Il Vecchio Frantoio - last reviewer mentioned some communication problems - do they have English speaking staff?
- Il Baglio di Nonna - can't find any reviews of this place but Vagabonda recommends it once in an earlier thread so any info on this place is especially welcome
- Giardino Donna Lavia - have not heard back
- Agriturismo Antico Casale - also waiting to hear
- Masseria Susafa - no availability on one of our dates
I have not contacted the following yet but if you have thoughts, feel free to chime in - they all sound so great but hard to figure out what is better for us.
- Antico Feudo San Giorgio
- Agriturismo Santa Venere
We will have have all our breakfasts and dinners at the agriturismo so we want the food to be excellent (and hopefully from the farm itself?). I am looking for a place with picturesque landscapes (sweeping views a plus) and historic buildings and generally like more spartan, rustic decor rather than a lot of fussiness, and we will have a baby so it would be nice if we were not right on top of other guests with the room layout. Anyone have any other insights that will help me decide? When we're there, we will probably take a day trip to Enna/Piazza Armerina, do some light hiking in the Madonie, and visit some of the towns (Polizzi Generosa, Petralia Soprana, Petralia Sottana).