We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi prices

Hi me and my husband are going to Sicily in September, flying into Catania and staying at Des Etrangers Hotel Ortigia Siracusa,does anybody know if a taxi would be expensive? Or is there any other alternatives.

30 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,868 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi prices

Welcome to Sicily Sujon289!

A taxi at the airport would be very expensive – Prearrange your transfer prior to your arrival, €60.

Siracusa Taxi di Sandro Rubino:

http://www.siracusataxi.it/inglese/home.html

Interbus or AST run direct bus service from Aeroporto Catania to Siracusa.

http://www.interbus.it/

http://www.aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/

CATANIA_SIRACUSA

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

Then take a taxi (€10) or the shuttle (Linea 20) from Siracusa’s bus station on Mainland Siracusa onward to Ortigia.

Urbano Siracusa

aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/opencms/opencms…

Vagabonda

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi prices

Hi Vagabonda

Thankyou so much for your informative information and your quick reply.We are looking forward to our first visit to Sicily. We will take your advise and prebook a taxi with the company you suggested.

Sujon289

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,868 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi prices

Prego Sujon289 - My pleasure....

Ortigia is lovely and you'll appreciate the convenience of a transfer!

Here's a second contact as well - Guiseppe (Pepe) Trupia:

330975689@tim.it

The best -

Vagabonda

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi prices

Once again a big thankyou,I love Italy we have had wonderfull holidays there, I know we are going to have a lovely holiday in Ortigia.

Best Wishes Sujon289

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,868 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi prices

Truly my pleasure Sujon289!

Ortigia is magical - Wander Ortigia’s ancient narrow streets, walk the island’s periphery, enjoy the evening passeggiata on the Lungomare and sunsets over the sea. Siracusa is a “real” place where locals go about daily life. Explore the Fonte Aretusa, the Tempio di Apollo, the Castello Maniace, Piazza Archimede, the Mikvah located under Hotel alla Giudecca....

Ortigia’s piazza di Duomo is one of the most beautiful squares in Italy! Caravaggio's 'Burial of St Lucy' is housed in the Chiesa di Santa Lucia alla Badia. Visit the Ipogeo di Piazza del Duomo, the network of passages used as a bomb shelter during WWII.

Take a boat around the island and out to the sea caves on Siracusa's mainland....

Siracusa 'rocks':

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187891-i1413-k450…

Trip Report 6-12 October - Greek History Focus:

tripadvisor.com/…22270106

All the best!

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Fonte Aretusa
Fonte Aretusa
53 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
Piazza Archimede
Piazza Archimede
7 Reviews
Sicily, Italy
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi prices

Hi Vagabonda,

Ortigia realy does sound Magical,I am so looking forward I know its going to be a wonderful and Siracusa sounds just want we are expecting,giving us the real feel of Sicily.The information you have give is great and I appreciate it very much.

Best Wishes Sujon 289

Bratislava
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi prices

Hello there! We are coming to Sicily on Saturday, August 17, 8 of us. We will rent one car but will need another 3 people transported from Catania airport to a place close to San Saba in the North, close to Messina. Can you also advise how to best do this, what would be the taxi service we could pre-arrange to avoid overpays? Thank you very much in advance!! Much appreciated! Best wishes. Andrea from Slovakia

Mentioned in this post
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,868 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi prices

Welcome to Sicily Andrea G!

Contact Christian at New Travel Services for very reasonable rates and reliable service.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g580233-d1…

Buon viaggio!

Vagabonda

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi prices

Hello four of us are flying to Catania on Friday 8th August and need a transfer to Gioiosa Marea Any advice on cost of taxi for this trip or the best way of doing this transfer Also best way to get to Etna from there. Many thanks

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi prices

Dear All,

I am planning to travel by taxi from Trapani to Alcamo. Does anybody familiar with some reasonable taxi companies operating from Trapani?

Thank you in advance for help!

Pawel

Reply to: Taxi prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted