We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to rent a car in the Messina area!

San Francisco,Ca
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to rent a car in the Messina area!

I will be in Messina in September and need to rent a car to drive to Pullia. I can get a car in the town of Messina or at the airport in Reggio Calabria more choices at the airport but how do I get to the airport from Messina since the ferry docks in Villa San Giovanni?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,241 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to rent a car in the Messina area!

Car rental Messina www.auto-europe.com

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Non EU citizens require an International driving permit for Italy

Traffic and ZTL areas roninrome.com/transportation.driving-italy

www.italia.it/en/home.html

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,688 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to rent a car in the Messina area!

Welcome to Sicily LadyTomoe!

Perhaps reconsider the drive since the A3 is under construction from Reggio di Calabria to Salerno, and the drive through Calabria is tedious.

Avoid driving in Messina, and surely hire the car in Reggio di Calabria to avoid the cost of ferrying the car.

If you were to ferry the car, be sure to notify your supplier that you intend to ferry the car.

When in September?

Ustica Lines runs hydrofoil service from Messina to Reggio di Calabria until 10 September.

http://www.usticalines.it/

And Meridiano typically runs the ferry service between Messina and Reggio di Calabria.

But if you were to arrive in Calabria at Villa San Giovanni, you would take the train from Villa San Giovanni to reggio di Calabria, and then take the shuttle to the airport.

http://www.aeroportodellostretto.it/en/

aeroportodellostretto.it/en/transfers-coach_…

Messina: Arriving & Departing:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187889-s301/Messina:…

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

San Francisco,Ca
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to rent a car in the Messina area!

Thank you for your replies. We are arriving in Messina by train on September 12 and leaving on September 17. We want to go to Pullia and the best way is to drive. The train requires many transfers and takes many hours. I cannot find any direct flights.

Any advice you may have is greatly appreciated.

4. Re: Best place to rent a car in the Messina area!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:17