We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Trapani 2014

Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Trapani 2014

Does anyone know if Ryanair have stopped their flights to Trapani ? I am unable to find anything on their web site and have spoken to a representative who didn't seem to know anything !!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

When are you planning the trip? the schedule might not be out yet.

Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

Not until September,I know it is a bit early but the hotels seem to be getting booked up now !!

Edited: 07 December 2013, 08:49
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

There are issues with Ryanair's service to Trapani at the moment as there are attempt to negotiate a contract.

trapaniok.it/2507/….UqMeuuIud_V

You might fly to Palermo, and then take the direct Interbus service between Palermo;s airport and Trapani.

Vagabonda

Edited: 07 December 2013, 13:14
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

Thank you Vagabonda,I thought you would know the reason why there are no flights showing to Trapani.

You know more than the Ryan-air representative I spoke to yesterday !! Surely it would be a huge blow to tourism in Trapani if there are no flights in.

Once again,many thanks for your message.

JanJ

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

Prego JanJ,

Low-cost carriers change routes all the time. Another airline would fill the void.

It really depends on the route, because there are Ryanair flight to Trapani posted on the Ryanair website, even as far in advance as September, including flights from Luton to Palermo.

Best regards,

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

Grazie for the information Vagabonda.

I think it is just a matter of waiting to see what happens.

Who flies from Luton to Palermo ??

JanJ

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

Yes, it's a matter of waiting, checking the schedules, and seeing what happens.

Ryaniar's flight from London Luton to Palermo offers a direct flight for Londoners to Sicily.

Where is your flight originating?

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

I can't find a Ryanair flight from Luton to Palermo,as that is where I usually fly from. The other London airport is at Stansted and Ryanair fly to Palermo from there.

Thank you for your time.

JanJ

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,033 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

Ryanair doesn't fly from Luton to Palermo, but did fly from Luton to Trapani, and hopefully that route will once again resume.

And yes, there are flights between Stansted and Palermo in September.

Buona fortuna!

Vagabonda

Boston...
Level Contributor
5 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights to Trapani 2014

I'm so happy to have found this post. I booked 3 tickets in January for a trip in June to Sicily and the last leg flies from Rome to Trapani on Flybaboo/Darwin/Etihad. A week later we wanted to add another person to the trip and all the search engines showed NO tickets to Trapani from March onwards. I spoke with the rep from the booking site and they had no information. I spoke to an Etihad rep and they said they'd leave a message for a Darwin Airlines rep to call me back- no call back yet. I also wrote emails to Darwin and Etihad- with no replies. Someone mentioned that it is due to a contract being negotiated. Does anyone know when it will be done or how long this limbo will last? It sounds like it is just a matter of waiting to see when things get back to normal.