We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free audio guides

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Free audio guides

It was on the radio few minutes ago, you can download free audio guides for Sicily here http://www.listentosicily.it/audioguide

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free audio guides

Thank you so much Tabata_1973 - That's wonderful!

Vagabonda

United States
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free audio guides

Have you listened to them to determine if they are any good? I've downloaded stuff that just wasn't worth it.

TAB

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free audio guides

Yes, I've listened to some samples and it seems a good work.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Free audio guides

But it requires signing in to receive the audio-guides.

Vagabonda

United States
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free audio guides

Thanks. It's nice to know value from someone who actually is familiar with the content. I downloaded a recommended app which turned out to be worthless.

TAB

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Free audio guides

Would appreciate your opinion as well TAB!

Vagabonda

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free audio guides

No need to register to download, I just thought it was interesting because it's done by sicilian guys trying to fight unemployment in a legal way.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,631 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Free audio guides

I am so happy you said that Tabata_1973, because I went back to the site, and was able to download without registering, and it's wonderful! Grazie mille...

Vagabonda

United States
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Free audio guides

For the download, make sure you use the flags to select your preferred language or the default of the link provided is Italian. I downloaded the app which is hard to find going through iTunes or the App store. The easiest way is to use the link on the website, Apple for iTunes and the robot for Google play. I didn't need to register either for the app or just the mp3 file.

I downloaded the Modica app because I was most familiar with that location. The app will give you photos, opening and closing times, fees, phone and email contacts, and map locations. Not all of the locations have an audioguide and not all locations have complete information. They also have info on parking, shopping, ATM locations, pharmacies, hospitals, and Wifi hotspots. It is a good start and I hope that future updates will work on completing the information.

For iPlatforms, there are just 2 apps available, Modica and Ragusa but the other mp3 files on the website will play through iTunes. You just don't get all the goodies of the app.

I was distracted by the music and didn't see that it added anything to the commentary.

Thanks, Tabata, for the heads up.

TAB

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Free audio guides

They said on the radio that it's a work in progress, they seem to be young and enthusiastic!