We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot springs

Catania, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hot springs

Are there any natural hot waters NOT attached to any commercial outfit in Sicily. I would love to bath and or photograph but don't want a posh hotel to pamper me.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot springs

The black beach in Vulcano.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot springs

Welcome to Sicily Deserthead9!

Yes, enjoy the natural hot spring, the acque calde near Castellammare del Golfo and Segesta.

tripadvisor.com/…55319454

Vagabonda

Catania, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot springs

Many thanks for your very speedy response. You are obviously very well informed on all things Italian, having read many of your other replies.

The springs are 200 miles from me here in Taormina, but I will try and get over there at some point. Thanks again for the info

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot springs

Prego Deserthead9,

The springs are a small pool - turismo.trapani.it/it/1839/acque-termali.html

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

5. Re: Hot springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 05:20