We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire in Comiso Airport

Paphos, Cyprus
11 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire in Comiso Airport

Hi everybody,

This is my first time posting anything on this forum. We are travelling to Sicily at the end of May. We are flying with Ryanair into Comiso airport but none of the major car hire companies have anything available at this airport.

I tried Hertz, Avis but no luck. Hertz used to rent car there event though they did not have an office in the airport.

The ones that do rent car is in Comiso Airport such as Locaauto, Auto Europa, Sicily by Car based on what has been posted about them on this side they should be avoided.

Does anybody know anything about a car hire company call Gmservizi rent-a-car or Morgan Service Autonoleggio? They are on the airports website.

Thanks

Tortoise

modica
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

I have just spoken to Hertz in comiso and they are there, and will continue to be there. There is no office inthe airport, but they are only 2km away and do pickups and setdown at the airport. There is obviously a communication breakdown between Milan and Comiso!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,160 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

I have spoken to Comiso and Milan, and Comiso is reporting as you've stated, but if Coniso is not recognised as a Hertz location by Milan, clients are unable to book via Hertz.

Vagabonda

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

I am back from my Sicily trip. I can confirm that I had booked via Hertz (on 26 March), and we were picked up at the Comiso airport and taken to the Hertz office, about 2km away. It all went smoothly. The Hertz website still offers Comiso airport as a location.

Thank you Vagabonda for all your troubles with our questions!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,160 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

Thank you for reporting back Rodamon1975, and happily all went well. I thought of you several times and had fingers crossed!! :-)

The best!

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,160 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

Yes, Hertz.it still offers Comiso airport as a location.

I just contacted Hertz in Milan once again, and was told that there is a location in Comiso BUT at the airport, and not in town!!

I tried to do a booking, and was then told that Hertz could not make a reservation for Comiso, because the airport location is closed, and there is no location in town.

So either the agency in Comiso is NOT Hertz, Hertz will not accept new reservations for this location, or Hertz is unaware of its own locations!

Vagabonda

Kaunas, Lithuania
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

I have a car booked with Hertz on May 8th, so I was a bit worried about this issue....so I was emailing with Hertz UK representative who informed me that the airport location is closed (where I was supposed to pick up a car) but they do work in town. So he told me that someone from Hertz will come and meet me at the airport. All this nonsense is because of the: "The location is changing ownership which is causing the confusion,..." also told me that Hertz is expanding in Sicily due to the increased number of flights with Ryanair. So next year should all be better :)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,160 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

Thanks for your report Tadas M. There is service for the airport, but this is no way to conduct business.

Hertz has made many location changes this year throughout Sicily, and some aren't so good like closing the Siracusa location.

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

Just to add to Tadas M -

I booked car with hertz in Feb this year for mid June pick up in Comiso airport.

I contacted Hertz international booking number in Dublin today. They confirm desk is closed in Airport until December but I will be met by rep in airport with car.

While they say they are not taking new bookings, bookings made before they decided to close desk will be honoured.

I intend starting a new thread asking people booked with hertz in Comiso / Comiso Airport to report their experience - pick up on arrival / drop off .

Edited: 18 April 2014, 15:36
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,160 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

This discussion is continued here - Hertz Car Hire Comiso Airport:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187886-i343-k7380…

Vagabonda

Edited: 18 April 2014, 21:38
40. Re: Car Hire in Comiso Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 13:43