We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Sicily unspoilt?

w62
London
Level Contributor
811 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Is Sicily unspoilt?

I have just come back from a wonderful break in beautiful unspoilt Corsica and have decided that after that I never want to go anywhere that is a Brit home from home ever again. OH won't go to the same place 2 years in a row however, so we are looking for somewhere else that is unspoilt next year. I am thinking of Sardinia (he hasn't clocked that it is so close to Corsica yet hee hee) or Sicily. Cefalu looks nice.

Can anyone tell me if I am likely to encounter Brit bars and lager louts etc?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Sicily unspoilt?

I don't know Cefalu' specifically, but I would think the more 'accessible' (i.e. close to Palermo or Catania) coastal resorts in Sicily might be slightly more touristy than Corsica. I doubt you'll encounter lager louts (!), but some Brits do go there. Definitely not a 'Brit home from home' though!! If you want somewhere really quiet and not so developed for foreign tourism, you could try heading further south in Sicily, or if you're feeling adventurous, the Aeolian islands - takes a bit of effort to get there though!

w62
London
Level Contributor
811 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Sicily unspoilt?

Thanks for the swift response!

3. Re: Is Sicily unspoilt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2007, 00:25
NJ
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Sicily unspoilt?

insicilia.it/sicily/farm_house_sicily_palerm…

Try this place. A country villa in the heart of real Sicily. The chef there is really amazing.

5. Re: Is Sicily unspoilt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 20:22