We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: 5 days in Catania

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
41 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Re: 5 days in Catania

Hi,

I'm going to Catania in mid June for 5 days. Do you know of any farmhouse that can organise daily excursions, or do you know a good company that organise excursions to other places? I found some but they are private tours and too expensive.

Thanks.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: 5 days in Catania

Agriturismi are located in the countryside, not in the city. You would require a car to stay at a farmhouse.

Vagabonda

Valletta, Malta
Level Contributor
41 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: 5 days in Catania

I think I will be spending 2 days going around Catania, 1 day excursion to Etna and the natural parks and the cave, 1 day visit to Giardini Naxos and Taormina on our own using train and then walk to Taormina, now what other city/village do you recommend please that I can reach with public transport/train not more then 1hr45min?

Thanks.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: 5 days in Catania

Syracrusa....there are day tours there, or get the bus or train from catania. All the local bus companies seem to run tours....there will be lots on offer ask your hotel when you get there.

see tripadviser search syracruse, and read the attractions and activities sections...some tours may be reviewed here also. I will be there in may....will just miss you! ♡

Edited: 11 April 2014, 15:18
NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Re: 5 days in Catania

The bus system from Catania is very good. Each bus company (Etna Trasporti, AST..) has a storefront where you can get the 'orari' (schedules) and find out in which space you can find the bus parked. Day trips from there are easy. I would include a trip to Caltagirone, Sicily's beautiful town of ceramics. The buses generally leave you a little walk away from the town center, but all doable.

The small local buses can take you to the smaller towns of Aci Castello and Aci Trezza on the coast just north of Catania. Tickets for those buses are purchased in the coffee shop on the corner facing Stazione Centrale and the fountain (with a sports clothing store on the left and a chicken place to the right).

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,179 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Re: 5 days in Catania

Salve rbbezzina,

You wouldn't want to walk from Giardini to Taormina. The road is very busy, and it's a climb up to Taormina.

You could take a bus or Taormina’s local ASM (Servizi Municipalizzati di Taormina) service.

Siracusa is a top destination worth visiting.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187891-i1413-k734…

Vagabonda

6. Re: Re: 5 days in Catania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:15