We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B's in Sicily

London
4 posts
Save Topic
B&B's in Sicily

Hi, we're flying in late to Palermo on a Sunday evening in Sept and are hiring a car. We'd prefer not to stay in Palermo but go west towards Castellamare del Golfo, Scopello etc. Does anyone know of nice b&b's or hotel (not too expensive) which we could get to by driving no more than an hour/hour and a half from Palermo airport? Also, what are your views on B&B's in Sicily in general? I've been told they can be quite charming and clean/reasonable so think I'd prefer them to hotels. But we're open to ideas. Your view would really be appreciated! Thanks!

Roma
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B's in Sicily

I've been in a nice hotel in Castellammare and the price was very reasonable : € 120,00 x room x day breakfst included

Write to this reservation centre x Sicily Hotels :

hotel.reservation@jumpy.it

They have good hotels and farmhouses all around Italy and also Sicily and the prices are good

Hope you can find the best hotel at the best rate

London
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B's in Sicily

Many thanks! I'll email them and see what is on offer. Has anyone stayed in B&B's? I'm keen to hear views on that too? Thank you!

Derbyshire
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B's in Sicily

Hi. We're flying into Palermo, arriving late, and don't want to go into the city as we're saving our sightseeing there for just before we go home. We are picking up a hire car at the airport. Any ideas on somewhere within 20 minutes or so of the airport that is cheap - it's just a bed for the night so we're not looking for anything fancy.

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
462 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B's in Sicily

We stayed in a wonderful B&B about 20 minutes from Palermo airport toward Castellamare. The name was Fattoria Villa Chiarelli. They have a web site; check it out. It was not at all fancy but comfortable and clean and the meals were wonderful! It is out in the countryside and from here we visited Zingaro National Park, Erice, Scopello, etc. We loved our stay here and would go back without hesitation.

We found the B&B's in Sicily to be great with some of the best food we've had in all of Italy. If you'd like a list of the others we stayed in when we toured sicily just let me know.

Travelpatty

Boston, Ma
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B's in Sicily

Travelpatty<

We are in the very early stages of planning a trip to Sicily in February and would love your other recommendations for B&B's in Sicily. We were in Rome and the Amalfi Coast last February and only stayed in B&B's and are loved them. All info would be much appreciated. I noticed that you are from Vermont. We are from Massachusetts and would be interested in any airline info you may have such as where you flew into in Sicily etc. As I said we are in the very early planning stages.

Derbyshire
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B's in Sicily

Thanks patty. We have found somewhere which is cheap and close to the airport so mission accomplished!

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
462 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: B&B's in Sicily

Andrea,

We flew into Palermo and out of Catania. This allowed us to see more of the island without backtracking. Our favorite B&B's were as I mentioned before, Villa Chiarelli in Balestrate, Villa Raino outside of Gangi, and Casa Migliaca in Pettineo. We also heard great things about Alcala Farm in Misterbianco (near Etna) although we were not able to stay there as they were booked.

We traveled to Sicicy in November of 2003 and I posted a complete report of our trip at that time. I'm not sure if it is still available on this forum.

If I can answer specific questions just let me know. We loved everything about Sicily!

Travelpatty

Boston, Ma
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: B&B's in Sicily

travelpatty,

Thank you for the info. We too were thinking about flying into one location and leaving from another, so as not to backtrack since our time is limited (7 full days).

I have one additional question for you. Did you stay in the city of Palermo? We plan on renting a car but will probably do it when we are getting ready to leave Palermo. How much time do you recommend in Palermo and any other areas that you feel are must sees? We realize that we don' t have a lot of time so want to want be careful about choosing what we see.

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
462 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: B&B's in Sicily

Andrea,

We did not spend any time in Palermo; we headed west immediately. We used Villa Chiarelli as our base and toured Scopello, Zingaro Park, Erice (a must see town!), etc. We did go to Monreale one day but that was as close to Palermo as we cared to be. (crowds, traffic, pollution, etc.).

We loved the small towns and spent the majority of our two weeks exploring these. Some of our favorites included Caltabellotta, Gangi, Piazza Armerina, Sperlinga, and Cefalu.

If I can be of further help please let me know.

Travelpatty

Morrisville...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: B&B's in Sicily

Hi,

Go to www.sicilyrentals.com/index.htm, this will help you find a B&B.

We travel to sicily about every 18 months to visit friends and see the sites. I worked in Milazzo in 1998 through 2000 and we base our travels from this small city. There is much to see in all of Sicily and if you do a search there are many different sites available that will help you in your selection of places to visit. I have found one site that will give the best place to visit in each town but I don't have it saved on this computer.

Best of luck on your trip.

Dave C