We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catania to Agrigento to Palermo on Fri June 27, 2014

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Catania to Agrigento to Palermo on Fri June 27, 2014

Hi all,

I have pre-arranged a car to take me from Catania stopping in Agrigento to visit the valley of the temples and having lunch somewhere before heading to Palermo on Fri June 27, 2014.

I would love to get some suggestions of restaurants in Agrigento (preferably near the San Leone area). If anyone has any restaurants that serve local cuisines I would appreciate any ideas.

Also, does anyone know of a relatively affordable guide (less than Eu 100) of the valley of the temples? I tried contacting the Valley of the Temples information email directly about their tours but got no response from 2 emails about their 10:30am tour.

Thank you for any help,

Vicki

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,479 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catania to Agrigento to Palermo on Fri June 27, 2014

Welcome to Sicily VFoodie!

If you want to be at the sea in San Leone, then Ristorante Oceanomare, but if you'd like a view of the temples nearer the Valley of the Temples, then Il Re di Grigenti.

Guided tours are available from the ticket office at the Valley of the Temples. Look for the yellow kiosk.

But you might also pre-book a group tour.

www.valleyofthetemples.com/Guided_tours

www.valleyofthetemples.com/VisitAgrigento.htm

Vagabonda

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catania to Agrigento to Palermo on Fri June 27, 2014

Hi Vagabonda!

Thank you for the restaurant suggestions. I don't think I have to go to San Leone since I have a private driver, I'm sure she/he can take me anywhere. I'm more interested in having fantastic food and if the view happens to come with the meal then that's an added bonus :)

Right now I have arranged the car to arrive at the Valley of the Temples at 10:30am so I can catch the tour. Thank you for confirming that they have the tickets available at the kiosk as I emailed them and didn't get a response about pre-booking the tour.

Is there other places in Agrigento that you suggest to visit or eat?

Thanks for your help!

Vicki

3. Re: Catania to Agrigento to Palermo on Fri June 27, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:17