We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best seaside cities/towns near Palermo

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best seaside cities/towns near Palermo

Hi there, myself and my partner are coming to Sicily in the first week of July for the first time.

What are the best towns accessible via bus / train from Palermo? Something with quiet beaches / less tourist.

Thanks in advance!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,863 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best seaside cities/towns near Palermo

Welcome to Sicily dangerranger83!

It's peak tourist season, so expect busy beaches, especially near Palermo.

Mondello is Palermo's very busy beach, but perhaps take the train from Palermo to Cefalù.

Cefalu or Mondello?:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187890-i418-k1961…

Vagabonda

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best seaside cities/towns near Palermo

Thank you Vagabond! What do you think to san vito lo capo?

I looked at trains to cefalu but not many prices came up on search. do tickets roughly start at €16?

thanks again

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,863 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best seaside cities/towns near Palermo

Prego dangerranger83,

These are regional trains between Palermo and Cefalù, so enter a date for a day within the next week at 6:00, to see schedules and rates, beginning at 5. 15 €.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

San Vito Lo Capo is a very popular, busy, touristy, and not quiet beach resort town with golden sand and lovely cerulean seas, but also three hours by bus from Palermo.

Vagabonda

4. Re: Best seaside cities/towns near Palermo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:17