We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch between Taormina and Syracuse

London
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch between Taormina and Syracuse

My husband and I are splitting our stay between Taormina and Syracuse during our upcoming stay in Sicily and would like to stop somewhere for lunch on the way on the drive between the two. We are preferably looking for somewhere outside a main town as we will probably always be eating inside Taormina and Syracuse during our stay in the two towns so would be good to try somewhere a little different, perhaps in the countryside or a small village. Any ideas?

FYI we are spending our final two nights at ciucis manor near agrigento.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Allow

Durham
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch between Taormina and Syracuse

If you are willing to go well out of your way Vizzini or Palazzolo Acreide. But the direct route is under 2 hours and a lot of the region you pass through is urban and industrial.

Hungary, EUROPE
Level Contributor
735 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch between Taormina and Syracuse

Just between Syracusa and Taormina I can advise you to visit Stazzo, a nice and laid back fishing village.

There are a few restaurants in the village, the most local one is "La Fornace" serving excellent (!) pizza.

If you want a more sophisticated lunch/dinner you can go to "I Ruderi" in Acireale.

Both are known here on TA.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,186 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch between Taormina and Syracuse

Welcome to Sicily Allie247!

Since you'll be spending your time in the towns along Eastern Sicily, perhaps consider lunch at an Etna winery.

http://murgo.it/azienda/?lang=en

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1183484-d28969…

Vagabonda

4. Re: Lunch between Taormina and Syracuse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 06:16