We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scopello

London
4 posts
Save Topic
Scopello

Hi,

Can anyone recommend or comment on any of the B&B's / accommodation in Scopello? And if so, do you also have contact details? My boyfriend and I will be arriving late on a Sunday night in a few weeks and would love to stay there but cannot find much information on them and would prefer to book before we arrive.

Thank you!

Zazie

Townshend, Vermont
Level Contributor
466 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scopello

Zazie78,

The only B&B I know of in Scopello is the Pensione Tranchina. We did not stay there but went by it when visiting Scopello and it looked very nice. It is listed in Karen Brown's guide and they also have a website. Scopello is very small but charming and the Zingaro National Park is very close and an excellent place to hike.

Hope this helps,

Travelpatty

London
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Scopello

Hi Travelpatty

Thanks so much. I'll definitely have a look.

Anyone else, please keep your suggestions coming. The more the merrier.

Cheers

Zazie

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
185 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scopello

I would also love to have information on b&b's in the town of Scopello itself. Has anyone stayed at Pensione Tranchina? Thanks!

Or, alternatively, what about San Vito and, specifically, the Hotel Capo San Vito?

Canada
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scopello

I am not sure how to contact the BB in Sicily. MAny of them provide an email address, but then there is no answer at all.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scopello

I stayed in Scopello last week at the Torre Bennistra hotel. It was impressive (ask for a room overlooking the sea), but a tad expensive at 100 euro per double room (including a generous breakfast). Its website says they now charge 85 as it's low season. Other than that, there are at least half a dozen B&B's in or near the village. I don't think you're going to have trouble finding a place to stay (other than perhaps on weekends).

As regards San Vito Lo Capo (on the other side of the Zingaro park), I loved the Egitarso Hotel. At 60 euro per double room (incl breakfast and private access to the beach) it was a steal.

Also, look up the Zingaro Park website (alas, in Italian only). It truly is a wonderful piece of unspoilt coast (Let's just hope it does not end up being ruined like the Cinque Terre).

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
185 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scopello

Thank you! Travel Lover

Canada
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scopello

FF, how was the food at Torre Bennistra and how long did you stay there? Do you know by any chance the minimal stay they require? Thanks for any info.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scopello

I only had breakfast there and it was good, although not an all-you-can-eat buffet. As for restaurants, I liked "Il Baglio" in the village.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,195 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scopello

Oh sorry, I stayed 2 nights there, but they did not mention a minimum stay requirement. Only thing is, they had a sign on the counter apologizing for not being able to take credit cards because their machine was not working properly. I suspect that sign may be there all the time and that they simply do not want to pay commissions to credit card companies. I ended up paying cash which is something I don't like.

Canada
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scopello

FF, it looks like a common practice in Italy. Many BB and hotels require being payed in cash. In any case thank you for valuable info.