We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Catania

Cleveland Heights...
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Getting to Catania

I am planning a trip to Catania this summer to visit family. I am starting out in the US - probably flying out of a NYC airport. I am hoping to use frequent flier miles to get to "somewhere" in Europe. Since flights to Rome and Europe in general are so expensive, I was trying to take advantage of a low cost European airline to get to Catania from any European gateway. Any suggestions on best possible routes? I think Easy Jet only flies into an airport near Palermo? Getting to Catania seems tricky unless I am missing something.... Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Grazie

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
114,658 posts
1. Re: Getting to Catania

Welcome to Sicily MADforTravelItaly!

Catania is brutally hot in summer!!

Alitalia is the only major transatlantic carrier with flights to Sicily, but you might also consider an Alitalia partner airline like Delta.

Meridiana runs direct seasonal flights from JFK to Palermo – A direct flight to Sicily is a gift!

Think beyond Rome and Milan – There are connections from many major European hubs (Munich, Paris, London…) to Sicily.

This site is reliable for current flight information to Sicily….

thinksicily.com/travel-to-and-around-sicily/…

Vagabonda

2. Re: Getting to Catania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 04:41
Get answers to your questions about Catania