We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etna Expereince Tours

Which Catania hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
107 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Etna Expereince Tours

We are looking for a tour for Mt Etna. This company looked interesting. We like small groups and we are walkers. Any info is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Connie

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

Hi Mump52,

Etna Experience runs outstanding torus and they are a reputable company and often recommended on these forums!

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187888-d1…

Regards,

Vagabonda

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
226 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

Vagabonda,

Do you know if Etna Experience conducts excursions on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday)? Or, are they strictly a weekday operator?

I went to their website and when I used the calendar to indicate my preferred excursion date, it doesn't seem to allow me to choose a Saturday or Sunday.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

Welcome to Sicily Carmel C!

Etna Experience does conduct excursions on the weekend, especially Saturdays, but not all tours runs all days, and some excursions vary depending on the demand. The Classic Experience runs every day of the week, the Etna & Wine tour is scheduled to run on Mondays, half day Etna tours run on Saturdays, but not necessarily on Sundays....

Contact Etna Experience directly to inquire which tours run on your dates.

etnaexperience.com/component/…

Vagabonda

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
226 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

Thank, you, Vagabonda :-) I heard back from Etna Experience who confirmed that they do have weekend excursion available, yay! I am working out details with them.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

Enjoy Etna Carmel C - There's currently lots of snow on Etna!

Vagabonda

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
226 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

I enjoyed Etna today. There was still lots of snow on the ground but all of the patches were covered by volcanic ash. I did not need a windbreaker jacket and in fact, after some hiking up hills, I took off my outer layer. It was a beautiful day to be on the mountain today!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

Today was a good day for trekking Etna, and dressing in layers is the way to go, because as quickly as it can warm, it can get windy and cold.

Glad you enjoyed your day on Etna Carmel C!

Vagabonda

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

A question for those who trekked Mt. Etna. How hard is it? I mean is it possible for a person with heart problems to climb there and what would you recommend as I would like to see it?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,581 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

Ciao ilhana1987,

How hard would depend on the tour and what you would do at Rifugio Sapienza.

Expect cold, snow, and wind on Etna in January!

You could certainly see and visit Etna, but you might not want to trek it because it can be strenuous, especially in snow.

The Etna trekking requires top physical condition, and actually the guides reserve the right to deny trekking if you aren’t physically fit. There are notices at the Etna funivia warning those with asthma or heart conditions not to attempt the trek.

But you could certainly arrive at Rifugio Sapienza and walk the Silvestri Craters and experience Etna.

Vagabonda

10. Re: Etna Expereince Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Catania