We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aday trip to Syracuse

Which Catania hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aday trip to Syracuse

Hi everybody,

i need some help with planning a day trip to Syracuse, by its end i want to go to Catania's airport.

1. can somebody tell if there's a luggage storage facility somewhere around the bus/train station or somewhere else in Syracuse? i am talking about an office or a locker where i can store a big backpack.

2. i want to visit both Ortigia and the archeological park. in which order should i do it and how? can somebody give details about busses (from the momnet i've already reached Syracuse until the momnet i am back to its main bus station), schedules etc..?

cheers

Ori

palermo
Level Contributor
4,482 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

hi Orilevy80,

unfortunately the railway station of siracusa doesn't has a luggage storage, as posted on italian railway site

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

I suggest you to contact the tourist office by mail and ask their about the luggage storage

www.siracusaturismo.net/recapiti_utili.asp

about ortigia and archeological site, I suggest you to visit before the archeological site and after go to ortigia because the archeological site is closed 1 hour before the sunset. here more informations

siracusaturismo.net/public/cosa_vedere/Parco…

you can find the city bus timetables here

http://www.siracusaturismo.net/bus_urbani.asp

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

Welcome to Sicily Orilevy80!

Unfortunately there is no left luggage storage anywhere in Siracusa.

First visit the archaeological park, and then enjoy Ortigia. The park closes in the afternoon on Sundays and holidays.

AST runs the local bus service, but it's only half an hour's walk from the park to Ortigia.

Vagabonda

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

sure, i understand. thank's a lot!!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

Wishing you a wonderful holiday Ori!

Vagabonda

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

hi,

can u tell where in Catania there is a luggage storage service, what time is it open and how much does it cost?

thank's

Ori

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

Hi Ori,

There's left luggage storage at Catania's train station, Catania Centrale. Left luggage (deposito bagagli) can be found near binario (platform) 1.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187888-i735-k5928…

Ciao -

Vagabonda

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

thank's, but can u tell from time to what time it is open? i want to store my bag very early in the morning and take it back very late at night

thank's

Ori

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

As indicated in the thread linked above, Catania's deposito bagagli is open from 8.00 to 20.00.

Vagabonda

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

ok, i understand. is there any other place? maybe some lockers? or any guesthouse that is willing to store luggage?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Aday trip to Syracuse

The train station is your only option.

Hotels would typically hold luggage, but for their guests, and there is no left luggage storage at the airport.

If you were to take a tour to Etna from Catania, the tour company might store your luggage.

Vagabonda