We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catania nightlife

Which Catania hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Galena, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Catania nightlife

I read that Catania has a vivacious night life. Are there any must go discos in Catania? Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catania nightlife

I suppose it all depends what kind of night life your looking for. In the summer months all the main clubs in Catania close down and move out to large spaces on the outskirts of Catania which are all open air venues. There are some vibrant bars in the centre of Catania which are quite friendly and a good place to get warmed up as people tend to step out quiet late even on a school night. The big outdoor clubs I spoke about do attract a lot of American US House deejays if this is your thing altoough you will all most definetly need a car to get to them but they will be worth the journey. There are a few main clubs in Catania but the last time I went there they didnt open till around October but that may have changed.

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Catania nightlife

How do I find out more about where these open air venues are with house music? I'm going to catania next weekend and would like to see this.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,699 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catania nightlife

Catania Nightlife:

frommers.com/destinations/…3216010030.html

Pubs and dance clubs rule the night. One such option is Royal Pub Ceres, Via San Giuseppe al Duomo 17-21 (tel. 095-7152294), on a block northwest of the Duomo. This woodsy-looking English pub comes complete with a carved Victorian-style bar and a crowd of good-looking people under 35. Its reputation for beers on tap is unequaled in Catania. The venue sometimes spills onto the narrow street outside. The place rocks daily from 7am (for that early libation) to 2am. Bus: 448, 449, 457, 722, or 733.

In the same vicinity, another popular after-dark rendezvous occurs at Mr. Bahia Pub, Via Alessi 16 (tel. 095-2500083), a 5-minute walk northwest of the Duomo. This is a wide-open, airy club whose architects inserted stainless-steel bar-tops and catwalks into an older, stately building. The result is a bustling room suitable for cocktails, snacks, and meeting the scads of 20- and 30-somethings who flood here late at night. Part of the venue moves onto the quiet piazza outside. Open Friday through Wednesday from 5:30pm to 3am; closed for 2 weeks in August. Bus: 448, 449, 457, 722, or 733.

Bar Nievsky, Scalinetta d'Alessi 13 (tel. 095-313792), is the most visible of Catania's limited number of counterculture bars, where -- if labels like this were still fashionable today -- Marxists, Communists, anarchists, and leftists of any ilk feel genuinely welcome. It's also the self-acknowledged haven for bikers, radical feminists, gay liberationists, and avant-garde painters. It sprawls across a multilevel labyrinth of early-20th-century rooms. Entrance is via a flight of steps from the Chiesa San Placido, a 5-minute walk northwest of the Duomo. Most people come here to drink, but the bar also serves macrobiotic salads and sandwiches. Bus: 448, 449, 457, 722, or 733.

Try Waxy O'Connor's Irish Pub in the center of Catania at Piazza Spirito Santo 1.

Banacher is an open air discotheque about 20-minutes up the coast from Catania. (Via Principe Nicola, 106)

http://www.santibenzina.it/

There are bars around the Sigonella Naval Air Station. Strike Bar is right across from the base.

Vagabonda

mt
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Catania nightlife

but in winter e.g january and february bars/clubs are still open ?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,699 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catania nightlife

Some! Certainly indoor bars. Best to check with each establishment or Tourist Information.

apt@apt.catania.it

Vagabonda

mt
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Catania nightlife

thanks

Rugbyfan
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catania nightlife

How about the rugby? England are in the world cup final on Saturday? Does anyone know where i can watch it?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,699 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Catania nightlife

The bars in the city center will have air the game. Try Waxy O'Connor's Irish Pub or Royal Pub Ceres.

Vagabonda

9. Re: Catania nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 02:16