We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just checking transport

Which Catania hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just checking transport

Hi All,

We are leaving Palermo to Catania by bus. Just want to check I have the right info. So the bus will stop at Catania train station in Catania? or does it also stop near Duomo in Catania. If the bus stops only Catania train station, can we walk or do we take a bus to Duomo area where our hotel is located. Then apparently the bus can pick us up from Duomo area to airport when we leave a few days later. Thankyou for any clarification!! Ing55

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just checking transport

Salve Ing55!

You would take the SAIS Autolinee bus from Palermo to Catania, and this bus stops at the Aeroporto Fontanarossa; Via Dusmet, 61 (Nearer Duomo, 5-minute walk)); and at Via Libertà angolo Via Archimede (train station).

The Alibus between the airport and train station also stops near the Duomo. I contacted AMT on your behalf, and was told that it's better to board the bus at the train station, but that you could also board the bus along the route, and then purchase your tickets on the bus.

Best regards,

Vagabonda

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just checking transport

Thankyou so much Vagabonda for helping me with all my questions and planning. You are always a wealth of knowledge!! Thankyou also for making the time and effort to enquire at AMT.... it is much appreciated. Cheers. Ing55

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just checking transport

Prego Ing55, and thank you!

It was my pleasure!

Vagabonda

4. Re: Just checking transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:17