We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel with two teens no car

Israel
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel with two teens no car

Hi,

We are travelling to Catania, next Friday for four days. I have booked a hotel in the centre of town. The kids are 12 and 14. As I do not intend to hire a car I was wondering what is there to do in and around Catania. I don't mind traveling by bus for an hour or so each day to near by places but where would be best to go?

Thanks

Israel
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel with two teens no car

Hi,

Another issue... The kids want to go to Etnaland but from reading older posts I noticed that it is difficult to get to without a car. Have things changed since 2013? What would be the best way to get there (not by taxi)?

Thanks

Israel
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel with two teens no car

Hi,

I intend to visit Etnapolis on our last day (Monday) but even after researching how to get there by public transport I am still confused... On the Ennapolis site it mentions getting there by Metro (I think) but I couldn't figure out where to get the Metro from in Catania, where to get off, duration of travel and cost.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,884 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel with two teens no car

Salve Cal R e benvenuta in Sicilia!

The funivia station is located on via L. Pirandello across from the bus terminal.

hotelvillaparadisotaormina.com/files/villa-p…

Boat rides depart from Isola Bella or Spiaggia Mazzarò just below Taormina.

The lower funivia station is located in Mazzarò across the road from the beach.

Taormina's historic centre is compact, and you can walk everywhere.

Perhaps take Interbus from Taormina to Castelmola above Taormina, and then walk back down to Taormina.

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,884 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel with two teens no car

Unfortunately there is no public transport of any kind to Etnaland.

Etnapolis by public transport:

tripadvisor.com/…60644050

Vagabonda

15. Re: Travel with two teens no car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Catania
Recent Conversations