We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Scicily- Palermo? Erice? Cefalu? Monreale?

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
106 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
One Day in Scicily- Palermo? Erice? Cefalu? Monreale?

The more I read, the more confused I get! Our cruise ship will be in Palermo on a Sunday and it seems as if quite a lot of places will be closed. I found some museums, which all seem closed on Sundays. We'd like to explore an area with real Sicilian ambiance. Do we go to Erice? Cefalu? Monreale? or do we just stay in Palermo for the day? I love churches, but I think my husband will have had his fill by the time we get there, especially if it is complicated with Sunday services. Since we leave soon, I think we'll just opt for a hop on hop off bus to get an overview of Palermo but I hope someone can guide me in a better direction! Thanks, in advance.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in Scicily- Palermo? Erice? Cefalu? Monreale?

Welcome to Sicily DCEowner!

Stay in Palermo for the day - Palermo’s City Sightseeing is an excellent plan.

Sundays aren’t the best days to visit Monreale – There’s no public transport and visitations aren’t permitted during services.

Cefalù is your next best option – Although a compact tourist resort town, Cefalù historic centre is charming, and Cefalù becomes more local outside peak season.

Erice is a lovely mediaeval hill town, but far from Palermo, and also more a tourist town.

What to do in Palermo ?:

tripadvisor.com/…43990161

Best wishes!

Vagabonda

2. Re: One Day in Scicily- Palermo? Erice? Cefalu? Monreale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 18:18