We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
24 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Ciao!

Penso d'andare da Palermo a Trapani e poi fare un salto a Erice (x Funivia) x un giorno, il 18 Aprile prossimo. Sarà preferibile rimanere a Trapani o a Erice? Il 17 andrò da Palermo a Segesta e rientrerò a Palermo . Sarebbe possibile fare ad esempio - Palermo - Segesta (il 17, visita , notte a Calatafimi? e poi Trapani - Erice. il 18,senza fare il pendolare a Palermo? Ci sono mezzi da Calatafimi / Trapani?

Grazie mille.

Nalini - Lisbona

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,951 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Salve Nalini_1!

These are the English forums, so I will respond in English!

Trapani is the more convenient base with the best transport connections and the best restaurants – Erice is the tourist town. Trapani is the genuine working Sicilian town.

Why not visit Segesta from Trapani?

Tarantola runs the bus service from Trapani and Palermo to Segesta, but Trapani is the optimal base for visiting Segesta.

http://www.tarantolabus.it/

Ciao -

Vagabonda

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
24 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Ciao Vagabonda!

Thank you for your so prompt reply.

Yes, I think it will be better to leave Palermo on the 17 April 2013, to Trapani. (Where can I find the time-tables?). Stay here for a night or two (including the visit to Erice) and then taking the bus to Segesta on the 18 or 19 and then back to Palermo, either from Segesta or from Trapani. Unfortunately the bus time-tables are until MARCH! I will be leaving to Messina on the 20th from Palermo, unless there's bus service from Trapani-Messina, which i doubt!

I wanted to go to Favignana Island, from Trapani , but I saw that there are no ferry services in April :(

Thanks once again. Ciao

Nalini

Edited: 25 February 2013, 02:24
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,951 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Prego Nalini_1,

You might also begin in Trapani – Interbus runs direct (not frequent) bus service from Palermo’s airport (Aeroporto Palermo) to Trapani, but if you were to begin in Palermo, you would take the Prestia e Comandè bus from Palermo’s airport to Palermo.

http://www.prestiaecomande.it/

Click on “Aereoporto Falcone Borsellino – Palermo”:

www.prestiaecomande.it/…

And then take the direct Interbus service from Palermo to Trapani.

http://www.interbus.it/

Tarantola does also run service from Segesta to Palermo, and there’s also the train as well from Segesta Tempio to Palermo, but service is shoddy!

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

If you’d also like to visit Favignana, you would require more time in Trapani – There’s service on Ustica Lines (fast hydrofoil) and Siremar!!

http://www.usticalines.it/

Take SAIS Autolinee from Palermo to Messina – There’s frequent service.

http://www.saisautolinee.it/regionali.htm

Best regards,

Vagabonda

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
24 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Grazie mille, Vagabonda!

Yes, my trip starts in Palermo (flight from Lisbon) and then I'm planning to go to Agrigento, Caltagirone (couldn't do that last September, when I was in Catania), Mondello/Monte Pellegrino (day trips and back to Palermo). Then from Palermo I'll go Trapani, take the tours to Segesta and Erice. Stay another day in Trapani to take the hydrofoil to Favignana. I had given up this part because I cannot find any time-tables of ferries going to that island in April. I've checked Ustica and Siremar. I'll check again the sites you gave and/or call them! If I can find an aliscafo, then I'll will have to leave Lisbon earlier, because on the 20th April I must be in Messina .

Thanks again. Grazie *_*

Nalini

Malta
Level Contributor
28 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Dear Vagabonda

I would like to ask you for some tips........you really have vast knowledge re -Sicily. Am visiting Trapani on the 3rd. April. Me and my sister will be staying at La Gancia Residence. In my list to visit, i have Erice, San vito lo capo and one of the islands (Favignana or Levanze, which do you recommend?) Also We like to go a day to Palermo.

Do you think it would be sensible to break the trip to Palermo by stopping first at Mondello or Castellmare del golfo ........as they all seem on the same route on the map ? Do you think I can find some good shops in Palermo for elegant evening wear ?

Will the cable car for Erice be in service in April ?

One last thing, are all accomodations in Trapani self catering and apartments ? as I found it a bit difficult to find a hotel with breakfast and all ....... Hope I made a good choice, as I think La Gancia is in a good location from the map.

Any recommendations for good restaurants ? in Trapani and Palermo or Mondello, please

Excuse me for writing so much and asking so many things.......

Thank you

Regards

Miriam

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,255 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Here is a google map of Trapani with some sights and restaurnats marked.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

We ended up not staying in Trapani long enough to visit restaurants.

Malta
Level Contributor
28 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Thank you so much Lupaling ! It sure is very detailed and informative.....and printable also !

Malta
Level Contributor
28 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

Dear Vagabonda

I would like to ask you for some tips........you really have vast knowledge re -Sicily. Am visiting Trapani on the 3rd. April. Me and my sister will be staying at La Gancia Residence. In my list to visit, i have Erice, San vito lo capo and one of the islands (Favignana or Levanze, which do you recommend?) Also We like to go a day to Palermo.

Do you think it would be sensible to break the trip to Palermo by stopping first at Mondello or Castellmare del golfo ........as they all seem on the same route on the map ? Do you think I can find some good shops in Palermo for elegant evening wear ?

Will the cable car for Erice be in service in April ?

One last thing, are all accomodations in Trapani self catering and apartments ? as I found it a bit difficult to find a hotel with breakfast and all ....... Hope I made a good choice, as I think La Gancia is in a good location from the map.

Any recommendations for good restaurants ? in Trapani and Palermo or Mondello, please

Excuse me for writing so much and asking so many things.......

Thank you

Regards

Miriam

9. Re: Palermo-Trapani-Erice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 06:15