We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing port in Palermo

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing port in Palermo

Hi, i'm coming to Palermo for 6 days on Thursday and have booked 2 nights accommodation in Palermo as I may go to Syracuse for a day or 2. I have read about a fishing village in Palermo where one eats very well - it beings with an S. I can't remember the name aiutarmi per favore... Grazie Kaye

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing port in Palermo

Hi. Maybe Sferracavallo?

London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing port in Palermo

si questo villaggio ho letto si mangia bene quindi vado la perche sono un Foodie. Non vedo l'ora che arrivo - fa freddissimo qua a Londra (ma ho letto che solo fa 16 gradi a Palermo ma meglio che Londra certamente). Grazie per il tuo consiglio. Anche ci sono i ristorante che non devo perdere???

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,699 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing port in Palermo

Perhaps you're thinking of Il Delfino - tripadvisor.com/…27311810

Vagabonda

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,554 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing port in Palermo

You'll need to take 2 buses, from the center (101 and then 628 or 616) by public transport Sferracavallo is a bit tricky to reach, (long waits at the bus stop possible) and in the evening you would need a cab to go back, so try to go for lunch and not for dinner if you use the bus.

The two most popular restaurants with fish fixed menù are Il Delfino and Trattoria Temptation, similiar menù and prices...you can check reviews, I personally think that Temptation is a bit better.

Avoid weekends crowds, on saturday and sunday you would absolutely need a reservation, try to go there mid-week.

Today here is rainy and 14, (yesterday was 24!!) but it should improve :-)...surely warmer than London now...buon viaggio!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,699 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing port in Palermo

With only six days, and only two days in Palermo, and wanting to see Siracusa, then perhaps reconsider going to Sferracavallo, especially with the holiday.

If departing from Palermo, perhaps begin with Siracusa and end with Palermo.

Vagabonda

London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing port in Palermo

ok, I'm not sure if I'll have time for Syracuse in fact. There is so much to do around Palermo I may just base myself there - depends if a friend comes along or if I will be travelling alone as I may hire a car. I understand you probably get asked this a lot but really are there any restaurants to avoid or must do's - pasticerrie etc?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,699 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing port in Palermo

There is so much to do around Palermo, but keep in mind that this is a holiday period, and that Easter Sunday and Easter Monday are national holidays.

Some restaurants will serve a large Easter lunch, but then close at dinner.

Easter Monday in Palermo:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187890-i418-k6250…

If you plan to base in Palermo, use public transport – Only hire a car if you base outside Palermo.

Vagabonda

8. Re: Fishing port in Palermo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 05:17