We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Hello,

when I'm in Plalermo next month (Fri 25th to Tue 29th October) I will probably use the Prestia e Comandè bus service for airport connections, as I seem to understand from previous posts that their service is reliable and recommended above the train.

I have seen from their website that it is possible to buy return tickets online, with a small discount and with the possibility to have a pre-booked seat on the chosen rides.

Is my understanding correct that the ticket is in any case valid for the chosen day, so I can take a different bus, i.e. either an earlier one (if I am earlier than expected) or a later one, but (of course) with no reserved seats?

Can I be reasonably confident that if I wish take a bus with no seat reservation there will be no problem in getting a seat, or is it common that buses are full and you have to wait for the following one?

Thanks!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,831 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

There's frequent service - Simply purchase the ticket on the bus.

Vagabonda

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Thanks Vagabonda, that sounds good.

On the day of return, when I'm travelling from Palermo City centre to the airport, how long in advance should I take the bus, in your opinion?

My flight is at 20:20, so I was thinking to take the 18:00 bus from Stazione Centrale (scheduled to arrive at the airport at 18:50), given that I only have hand luggage and will have done check-in online; does it sound OK, or would it be better to leave 30 minutes earlier?

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

The 18:00 bus sounds ok, but consider that central Palermo is really busy at that time of the day, and it will probably take more than 50 minutes to arrive at the airport, expect 1 hour or so. If you have just to go through security, it should be ok anyway.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Hi Biondo, thanks for your reply!

I'll try to aim at the 17:30 bus, but with a relaxed pace, keeping the 18:00 as a comfortable back-up.

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Prego Dotting. Yes, the 18:00 bus as plan B is the best solution.

Buon viaggio!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,831 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Take the bus at 17:30 - There's traffic at that hour!

Vagabonda

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Sure, will do.

Grazie, Vagabonda!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
102,831 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Prego e buon viaggio DottIng - It's always best to allow extra time for traffic, and even at the airport.

Vagabonda

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Salve! any known changes with the Prestia e Comande bus? Maybe techno error but I have tried to access that site (www.­prestiaecomande.­it) today several times with no luck. If its no longer running what is the next best (efficient) method to get to Quattro Canti area. Thanks for any help.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prestia e Comandè airport bus

Thanks in advance but I found additional information on the Aeroporto di Palermo site.

http://www.gesap.it/index.php?livello=By+Bus&sezione=212&lang=en

Ciao.