We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

I have a flight booked departing Santorini at 1.35 arriving into Palermo at 2.25. When I booked this ticket I assumed this was the afternoon. Now I think it's the wee hours of the morning! It's not common to use the 24hr system here where I live, which is how I made the error. I have emailed messages to Volotea asking for confirmation, but I already think I know the ugly answer! So now my problem I am encountering is finding a taxi/shuttle essentially 'wheels' to take me into the city to my hotel. Does anyone here know some reputable businesses they could recommend that could transport me? Thank you

palermo
Level Contributor
4,483 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

hi JemmaKBradley,

I think that you will not have problem to find a taxi outside the airport station. you can contact these to have a confirm:

http://www.radiotaxitrinacria.it/

http://pacibo.wix.com/autoradiotaxi

alternatively, you can wait the bus that starts from the airport and finish in palermo city center, but the first bus starts at 5:00 in the morning

http://www.prestiaecomande.it/

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,884 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

Welcome to Sicily JemmaKBradley!

The bus isn't a viable option, and although you would probably find a taxi outside the airport, you might ring for a taxi on arrival, but your best option is a prearranged guaranteed transfer to your hotel.

Adriana Viaggi is reliable and reputable,

http://www.adrianaviaggi.it/

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187890-d382…

Best wishes!

Vagaonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,884 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

Your flight does appear to depart Santorini at 1.35. Sunday flights depart at 1.35. Wednesday flights depart at 17.45.

Vagabonda

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

Thank you all! You know I just received that ugly confirmation from Volotea that the flight definitely is at 1.35 AM. I am to be at the airport at 12.00midnight. I also contacted the Hotel I'm staying at (Massimo) and am still waiting to hear if they have a car for me.

@Vagabonda, I did visit Adriana Viaggi's website, thank you. @fin0, I clicked on many different links on google, but can't say I've tried the ones you've shared, thank you. I will check on these after I hear from the hotel.

Alternatively, is there somewhere I could sleep at the airport... you know like Amsterdam's Yotel where you rent a room that's as big as a bed. I'm thinking if I hung out there for a couple of hours or at least until my hotel's check in time and got some shut eye, when I awoke I could train or shuttle it in (?).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

I just received a confirmed quote from Best Airport Transfer for 53euro at 2.30am. I think that's about average. However, I have discovered quite a few transfer companies are considerably much more!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,884 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

Palermo's airport is open all night, but that's not the best solution.

Why wouldn't you book with reliable Adriana Viaggi for the €38 transfer!!

Vagabonda

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

Okay! As I said I did visit his website, but I had not enquired yet. However, I certainly will! Thank you for the heads up about the airport. I was only considering this in the event no one would be at the hotel to check me in...

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,884 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

€38 is the rate, even in the middle of the night, and this company is very dependable.

Buona fortuna!

Vagabonda

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

I have GREAT news! The hotel I'm staying at has confirmed today that they will come get me at 2.25 AM and they will check me in upon arrival. Their first email to me said that I would be able to check me in at the earliest 1.45 PM instead of 2.00. But I received an email today apologizing for a misunderstanding. PHEWWW. Knowing that I had options for the airport transfer was one thing, but wondering what I was going to do from 3.00 am onward (when I should/need to be sleeping) was an issue.

I can now relax and continue with my trip planning while in Palermo! Thank you Vagabonda and fin0 ;)

Edited: 28 November 2013, 03:58
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
101,884 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wee hours in the morning airport transfer

That is great news and a nice service provided by your hotel - Congrats to you and kudos to your hotel!

Low-cost carriers have less than convenient schedules, and as more and more low-cost airlines fly to Palermo, hotels will have to accommodate these schedules.

Buon viaggio!

Vagabonda