We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Which Palermo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Since the Regional Archaeological Museum is still closed, I plan to visit the Palazzo Branciforte instead during my trip next month. Does it offer tours in English and are they scheduled throughout the day?

They haven't replied to my email sent a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Robin.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Welcome to Sicily Robin888!

Apparently Alice is an English-speaking guide as per these reviews.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

You could also hire your own licensed guide independently.

1 May is a major National holiday for us, so I don't expect to contact the museum tomorrow.

Vagabonda

Edited: 01 May 2014, 00:03
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Only Italian-speaking guides are available for tours at Palazzo Branciforte.

Unfortunately English-speaking Alice is no longer affiliated with the Palazzo Branciforte.

Vagabonda

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Vagabonda,

Thank you very much for your help!

Palazzo Branciforte finally got back to me today and confirmed that only Italian-guided tours are available. English tours can be arranged at a cost of €120.00 plus the price of the ticket (€7 or €5 reduced).

I think I'll just walk around on my own (hopefully there's description or explanation in English) or find another alternative.

Robin.

modica
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Unfortunately they wont allow you to wander around on your own, you must be in a guided party - which to me took all the fun out of it (and I speak Italian).

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Prego Robin,

Yes, the entrance ticket is €7,00. You must be in a guided party, and you are not permitted to walk around on your own.

But today the museum has indicated that there is no additional charge for an English-speaking guide. You must contact the museum in advance with your intended date and time to visit, and the museum would arrange for an English-speaking guide.

Perhaps the museum thought you intended to bring a tour group for that rate.

Vagabonda

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Vagabonda,

This is great! I never mentioned a tour group in my email but it's good to know that I could arrange for an English-speaking guide without any extra charge (other than the entrance ticket).

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact them and help me with this. I really appreciate it!

Robin.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Prego Robin,

When I rang the museum today, I asked about extra charges for an English-speaking guide, and the woman at the museum said it wasn't so, but that you should contact the museum well in advance of your visit so they could arrange for an English-speaking guide. I again asked about a charge, and she said that there were no additional charges.

Perhaps offer a few dates or times, because the woman did indicate that it would depend on the availability of an English-speaking guide.

Buona fortuna!

Vagabonda

Province of...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Hi,

by the way, until June 29th there is an exhibition at Albergo dei poveri in Calatafimi street

"Gli Etruschi a Palermo": 200 items from the Regional Archeological Museum

tuesday to sunday, 9,00 -13,00 and 15 – 19,00.

free entrance

(it's an interesting exhibition, but not Sicilian stuff! Albergo dei poveri is a XVIII sec building, pleasant but not so special)

in Italian

…sicilia.it/beniculturali/…20Palermo.pdf

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,603 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

Grazie mille Elvira500!

Vagabonda

10. Re: English tour for Palazzo Branciforte?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:16