We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Pilsen, Czech...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Hello,

I'll be visiting Sicily in June (15 - 23) and my plan is to get to Giardini-Naxos from Palermo. I plan to go to Catania and then to Giardini-Naxos. I looked at these forums and found many a helpful post (by Vagabonda) regarding bus travel.

I'd like to buy a ticket from SAIS autolinee online and I'm a bit confused about the choise of "la fermata di partenza". There are two choices: Palermo Or and Palermo Te.

What does this mean and which one should I choose?

Is there any way to find out where the SAIS bus stations are located in Palermo (or other cities for that matter)?

Where in Catania should I change the bus? (I seem to recall that Vagabonda recommended to change the bus at the airport for some reason).

Do the bus connections to Taormina stop in Giardini-Naxos?

Thank you in advance

Jakub

Mentioned in this post
Giardini Naxos
Giardini Naxos
Sicily, Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Catania
Catania
Sicily, Italy
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
109,171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Welcome to Sicily Jakub P!

If your hotel is located in Giardini-Naxos, you could take the direct SAIS Autolinee bus from Palermo to Catania, and then take the train to Giardini.

If your hotel is located in the Recanati section of Giardini, then take the SAIS bus to Catania's airport, and then take Etna Trasporti Interbus from Aeroporto Catania to Recanati.

Depart Palermo at the train station, Piazza Cairoli, (Piazzale Stazione FS).

Schedule information is available on the Etna Trasporti website.

http://www.etnatrasporti.it/

Under “Data/Date” (departure date), enter your date of departure; under “Partenza/Departure” (the town you will be departing), scroll down to and click on Aeroporto Catania; under Arrivo/Arrival (your destination town), scroll down to and click on Giardini or Recanati; under Tipo/Type, enter direct; click on “Ho letto e accetto le condizioni per l'utilizzo del servizio web”; then click on “Cerca” for schedules.

Click on the information symbol, to retrieve schedules, connections, stops, duration, connection time, cost, and bus company.

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Giardini Naxos
Giardini Naxos
Sicily, Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Catania
Catania
Sicily, Italy
Pilsen, Czech...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Vagabonda :)

When I buy SAIS bus tickets online, their website

saisautolineetpl.ecubing.it/ticket.php…

shows two possible places of departure from Palermo - "Palermo Or" and "Palermo Te".

Any ideas on which one should I choose or is it irrelevant?

Thanks again, Jakub

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
109,171 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Prego Jakub P,

"Palermo Or" is for Via Oreto.

"Palermo Te" is for Terminale, the station.

You require the train station, Piazza Cairoli, (Piazzale Stazione FS).

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Pilsen, Czech...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Splendid. Thank you very much :) You've been a great help.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
109,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Prego Jakub P,

May you enjoy a wonderful holiday!

Vagabonda

Pilsen, Czech...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Hello again,

So I tried to book a ticket from Catania Apt to Giardini S. Giovanni with the Etnatranporti through their website www.buscenter.it/EmissioneBigliettiOL5.rtm

Just an aside, their webpage is the very definition of pain in the a$$. They require ridiculous amount of personal information. I'm surprised they aren't asking for my grandmother's surname when she was single while they are at it.

In any case, when I hacked through that jungle of nonsense and was about to pay the ticket via PayPal (the only choice), where I had to choose the province (of Italy) - it didn't accept the choice "not in Italy". At that point I facepalmed and decided that perhaps it would be better to buy the ticket at the Catania Apt.

Is it possible to buy the Etnatransporti ticket for the bus from Cat. Apt to Giardini at the Apt? Say in a booth somwhere?

Edited: 04 June 2014, 22:11
Mentioned in this post
Catania
Catania
Sicily, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Apt
Apt
44 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
109,171 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: SAIS Bus Stop Locations

Yes, you can purchase the ticket at the airport.

http://www.etnatrasporti.it/Biglietterie.aspx

Vagabonda

8. Re: SAIS Bus Stop Locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 07:17