We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on travel from Palermo Airport to Capo D'Orlando

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Advice on travel from Palermo Airport to Capo D'Orlando

1) How log would it take to get a taxi from Palermo Airport to Palermo Centrale?

2) Do I need to book my train ticket from Palermo Centrale to Capo D'Orlando in advance or is it just as easy to buy the ticket when I ge to Palermo Centrale?

My flight arrives in Palermo at 4.30pm on the 4th of July and I am returning on the 10am flight from Palermo on the 7th. I guess this is peak season so I am open to advice on the easiest public transport route to and from Capo D'Orlando.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
104,210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on travel from Palermo Airport to Capo D'Orlando

Welcome to Sicily Christine C!

Allocate about an hour for the drive (dependent on traffic) from the airport to the train station.

Or take the Prestia e Comandè bus from Palermo’s airport to Palermo.

http://www.prestiaecomande.it/

Click on “Aereoporto Falcone Borsellino – Palermo”:

www.prestiaecomande.it/…

The take Trenitalia from Palermo Centrale to Capo D'Orlando-Naso. Purchase your train tickets just prior to travel, and validate the train ticket prior to boarding.

These trains are often delayed, so consider spending the night prior your departing flight in Palermo, or perhaps prearrange a transfer to the airport.

Vagabonda

2. Re: Advice on travel from Palermo Airport to Capo D'Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Palermo