We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palermo & around

Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 post
Save Topic
Palermo & around

Hello,

our names are Julija and Marko and we are comming to Sicily on 16th July. We are young couple (22 & 27) travelling with lower budget. We are interested in food, drink, music, art, history, relax and also beaches. I have been to Sicily two times before and I loved it so much, we decided to come again. We arrive to Palermo and leave on 30th from Trapani. I am planning a trip that is like this:

16-19.7: Palermo

19.-21.7.: Cefalu

21-22.7: Palermo

22-24.7.: Sciacca

24.-25.7.: Mazzara del Vallo

25.-26.7: Marsala

26-27.7.: Erice

27.-28.7.: Castellammare Del Golfo

28.-30.7.: Trapani

My situation is as follows. We are interested to see as much things as possible, but without too much hours spent travelling around. Still we want to travel relaxed and not have any stress. We are looking for authentic experience and wish to see art & history. On the bassis of my trip I wish to get an advice from local person, to tell me which places I should pay special attention and in any case, I can also change my booking and travel to another place. So my wish is: an local opinion of selected places & dates and to tell me whether I should skip some places and choose another ones. What is the best to see if you are travelling with bus, train and have two weeks time to go around Palermo & Trapani.

With best regards and thanks,

Julija & Marko

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,687 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palermo & around

Hi. Why staying in Palermo twice? It would be inconvenient and time consuming, perhaps go directly to Cefalù first, and then stay in Palermo...

Erice is very near Trapani, you could base in one and visit the other easily using a single base, more convenient.

2. Re: Palermo & around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Palermo